The Everdeens

(Katniss POV) 2 months later

I feel something on my nose which irritates me because im trying to sleep. I brush it away from my face but it just comes right back.

"Stop." I open my eyes to see Peeta was tickling me with my hair

"Why are you waking me up?"

"Because it's eight and our flight leaves at twelve so we need to start getting ready."

"Are you excited to meet my parents?"

"A bit nervous."

"They're going to like you I promise."

"What if you break that promise?"

"Then I'm sorry for breaking the promise." He smiles at me.

"Well, I never got my goodmorning kiss." He says and I walk over to him and kiss him.

"How was that?"

"Fantastic as always." I smile and start to pack. We're going to be there for a week, but I don't know what we're going to do there.

"You better get ready, Peeta or you'll make us late."

"All I have to do is get dressed."

"I'm really nervous," I say.

"Why?"

"I hate flying it's my number one fear."

"Why do you hate flying?"

"Because what if it fell from the sky and we all died?"

"I can assure you that won't happen it's very very rare for it to happen plus I'll be there."

"That doesn't change what I think of planes but I will go on one if I have to."

After about an hour we finally leave. We got Annie to watch Chopper while we were gone. We get through security and into the gate. This is the part I hate the most, flying. When we get settled into our seats, I take the window seat. I immediately take peeta's hand when we take off.

"Don't worry we will be there in no time." He kisses my head and that calms me down a bit but not a lot.

"I just can't wait for you to meet Prim. I know she will like you for sure."

"Oh yeah?"

"When we would text, you're all she would talk about."

"What would she say?"

"How much she wants to meet you and how hot you are. " He burst out laughing.

"Really? She said that?"

"Yes, she did." I lay my head on his shoulder and drift to sleep while he plays with my hair.

"Katniss, Katniss wake up." I open my eyes to see the airplane empty.

"We're here?"

"Yep." We get off the plane and I see my dad waiting for us and I smile really big.

"Dad!" I yell he looks over and smiles then starts walking towards us, we meet him halfway and he gives me a big hug.

"You look so grown up, sweetie."

"And you look older." He chuckles.

"Dad this is Peeta, Peeta this is my dad."

"It"s nice to meet you, Peeta."

"You too, sir." They shake hands and I roll my eyes.

"Come on let's get our luggage then go so I can go see Prim." My father chuckles.

"Alright, come along children." I grab Peeta's hand and drag him to the baggage claim. When we get into the car, dad and Peeta start talking.

"So, you're in the Marines right?"

"Yes, sir, but right now I'm inactive."

"Wait, how old are you son?"

"Twenty one."

"You're one year older than Katniss."

"Yes, sir."

"Alright, but why are you inactive?" Peeta squeezes my hand, I know he can't talk about it.

"Um, well, he kinda got kidnapped and tortured so he's recovering from that."

"Wait, Katniss I think you told me that."

"I did but please don't bring it up anymore he doesn't like talking about it."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, sir you were just curious." I decide to change topics so Peeta doesn't start freaking out.

"Has Prim changed?"

"Like you wouldn't believe. She's so grown up and she loves wearing that dress you got her for her birthday."

"I can't belive she's twelve already."

"But she's still the same little Primrose from when she was ten."

"Does she have a boyfriend?"

"Nope, she almost got one, but then I came along." He grins.

"What did you do?"

"I told I'm I was a cop and that if her hurt Primrose then I would break every bone in his body."

"Now I'm scared to leave you and Peeta alone." Peeta looks at me with a smile on his face.

"No, I wouldn't say that to Peeta. I can tell he's a good guy and he means no harm."

"And he loves me." I add.

When we get home I see Prim outside waiting for us. The car hasn't even stopped before I jump out and run up to Prim.

"Prim!!" She looks up and smiles then runs into my arms.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Little Duck."

"Did you bring your hot boyfriend with you?" I roll my eyes and smile at my grinning sister.

"Yes, I brought Peeta with me but-" She's already at the car before I can finish.

(Peeta POV)

Katniss jumps out of the car and runs to, I'm guessing Prim.

"And the Everdeen sisters have reunited," Mr. Everdeen says and I chuckle. We get out of the car and Prim is right in front of me.

"Hello, I'm Primrose but you can call me Prim. Eveyone does except my dad he calls me Primrose because he said that my name is too beautiful to have a nickname. It's great to meet you. By the way has anyone told you that you're hot?"

"As you can see, Prim is not shy," Katniss says.

"It's great to meet you too, Prim and thanks?" Prim runs inside with their dad. Katniss sticks her hands in my back pockets and leans on me.

"How do you like them so far?"

"They're great." She chuckles then kisses me.

"Come on, lovebirds." Her dad yells and I smile into the kiss.

"We're coming." She yells back then pecks my lips one more time and grabs my hand and drags me inside. Now to meet her mom, which shes's told me doesn't like me from what she's heard from Prim.

"Hello, Peeta, call me Mrs. Everdeen and Mrs. Everdeen only." I can see she doesn't like me already.

"Yes ma'am," I say. Katniss rubs my back to calm me down because right now I'm freaking out.

"Sit, dinner will be ready." We do and I look at Katniss and she gives me a look saying she's sorry about her mother.

This is going to be a long week.

📍📍📍📍📍📍📍📍📍📍📍📍 📍

Well, as you can see Mrs.Everdeen doesn't like Peeta at all and you will know why soon :)

-Syd