When Things Go Wrong

(Katniss POV)

Jo comes and picks me up, I put my things in the back then hop into the passenger seat.

"Ready to go hunting?"she asks

"Yes it's been forever since you and I went hunting together it was so long ago, hey when I go to visit Prim back in North Carolina You need to come with me so we can go to the lake."

"Don't you want to take Peeta with you?" she says while wiggling her eyebrows.

"We're not even dating" I say kind of sad.

"So you like him he likes you all that chicken needs to do is ask you out."

"Chicken?" I ask

"Yeah he's a sissy sometimes."

"I bet not he seemed pretty in shape to me I mean come on he had muscles and abs" I say.

"So you've seen him shirtless?"

"No you can tell by the way his shirt hovers over his gut duh."

"Sureeeee" she says I roll my eyes at her.

"Whatever" I say and she laughs.

Me and Johanna go out in the woods. She uses an axe but doesn't really kill anything just swings at trees sometimes but never knocks them down. I use a bow and arrows I shoot animals and sell them to a friend I made down here, her name is Greasy Sae, she'll trade with me I'll trade something that I killed and she'll give me some warm soup. She owns the coffee shop me and Peeta went to on our so called "date". I guess you could say I work there without getting paid.

"Shhh look over there a deer" Jo tells me. I nod and sneak behind the tree and aim my bow at it. It's a buck I can tell by its antlers.

I'm about to kill it when I feel breath on the back of my neck...i turn and see Jo.

"What?"

"It's to big she says an arrow won't kill it let me get it" she says, I look at the deer it's about 190 pounds in weight. I know she's right so I nod and she throws her axe at it making it fall to the ground.

I hear something snap and turn around pointing my bow at it and see a bear...

"Climb the tree Jo before it charges go" I say very quietly, she doesn't though and throws her axe at it and the bear falls to the ground.

"How are we supposed to haul that home? I know it's our biggest catch but a deer and a bear how?"

"Maybe I can help" someone says from behind and I know this person from anywhere. He can't be here he can't I know he'll hurt Jo after she repeatedly punched him in the face.

I turn around and see his bow pointed at me.

"Give me your game and I won't hurt you" he says.

"Why would I do that, giving it to someone like you, who tried to kill me just yesterday I'm never going to forgive you. Now put your bow down" I put mine up and say "cause I'll shoot too you know."

"I don't care if you'll ever forgive me I'm with someone else now someone way prettier than you, you ugly bitch". His words hurt but I won't let his or anyone else's words bring me down even though I know they are true.

"Kill me I don't care shoot me in the heart just don't hurt my family or friends, you can do whatever you want with me just don't hurt them."

"Oh I never intended to do that I just want to kill you, you don't mean anything to anyone I want you to know that, Prim, your mother, your father, Johanna,and even Peeta are just pitying you."

"that's a lie!! don't believe him Katniss he's just trying to get inside your head" Jo says to me I believe her I know she loves me like a sister.

"I won't Jo I won't" I'm about to let my arrow fly but his words stop me.

"Just give me your game and no one gets hurt ."

"There is plenty of game around here you can pick at just not ours." I say.

"You sure you want to pick that way Katniss? IM A BAD GUY NOW WITH A BADASS GIRLFRIEND AND A BADASS LEADER THAT COULD HAVE YOU DEAD IN A MINUTE!! Delly's not bluffing we are going to make your life miserable weather you like it or not so I suggest you don't get into any trouble with her or Madge or else I'll handle you."

"I have some badass friends who know how to kick some ass when intended to even Annie she may be sweet and caring on the outside but when you get her angry she will hurt you" Jo steps by me.

"I taught her how to use swords so I suggest you back off" Jo says

"That girl is mentally unstable she can't do anything worth shit" he says.

"That's because she witnessed her Bestfriend get beheaded when that insane man that got loose was running around the streets and she wasn't careful, so stop talking shit about my friends" I yell.

"Your friends all are crazy miss.Everdeen" he says laughing evilly, bow still pointed at me and I know he wants to let the arrow fly.

"Fuck you" I say then it happens he lets his arrow fly right through my stomach then another right in my shoulder, then he runs away and I fall to the ground and everything goes black.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Uh oh Gale is a meanie someone should do something.

-syd