Is This a Date?

(Peetas POV)

I wake up in the morning in a different bedroom. It all comes back to me now,with Katniss' nightmare and her wanting me to stay so I did.

I get up and leave a note saying I went back home and that I'll meet her at the coffee shop, I put my number on it just in case something changed and she couldn't come.

I get ready in a marines shirt and cargo pants and toss my hair then run my fingers through it.

When I get to the coffee shop I see Katniss isn't there yet and then I get a text from a unknown number.

301-435-875:hey, it's Katniss I got ur note I'm on my way there and no I am not texting while driving lol see ya there.

Me: alright I'm already here so you will see me when you get here and you better not be texting while driving.

Katniss: alright mom lol.

She gets here and she is stunning I can't take my eyes off her especially her ass. What I'm a guy I am required to think like that.

"Hey Katniss" I say waving, she looks over and smiles and sits down.

"Hiya Peeta how did you get here so fast?".

"I'm a guy I don't take as long as you girls to get ready and go".

"That's very true. sooo if you don't mind me asking is this a date or not?"

"Ummmmmm I don't know do you want it to be?" I see her blushing when I ask this and I know the answer is a yes.

"Kind of, do you?" she says now she's blushing like crazy.

"Yeah I thought it was at the start".

"Then it's a date but it can't be a long one Johanna and I are going hunting in a little bit".

A/N: idk if Cali actually has forest and crap like that but I've heard of redwood trees there so if there are trees there is forest and if you do know feel free to correct me it won't affend me.

"Isn't that illegal?" I ask, she laughs wait why is she laughing I probably look like a fool right now.

"No where did you get that from?"She asks still giggling.

"Where I used to live it was, my friend got in trouble for hunting there".

(Katniss POV)

Out of the corner of my eye I see Gale walking around he looks at me and flicks me off, then when he sees that I'm with Peeta he gets mad, i know he won't come in here though.

"Katniss? katniss?" I look at Peeta and notice he said something.

"What? huh oh sorry what did you say?"

" I said why did you move to California?"

"Oh I'm going to California university to get a degree in teaching."

"Cool what do you want to teach?"

"Math" I say as simple as that."

"I suck at math I almost didn't graduate because of it I had to take so many classes to get my grade up to be able to graduate."

" If you want I can help you with math I mean I know we're not in highschool anymore and your in the marines but I could still help you, it would help later on if you ever want to start a diffrent career.

"Thanks Katniss i'd love that"

"Well I better get going I don't want to miss hunting with Jo bye Peeta I had a fun date. I wink at him then put money on the table for the drinks.

"No way I'm not letting you pay, take it back."

"No please take it I owe you for helping me through a hard time last night."

"What no I wanted to do that I didn't choose I wanted to help you but fine I'll take it." I know he's going to give it back but it's always worth a try.

"And bye Katniss this was a great 1st date I hope to have another with you."

"Me too" is all I say before heading out to my car and driving home to change into my hunting gear.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

if you call Katniss' phone number i don't know what's gonna come up cause that's not even my area code it's California's well one of them and so you can call and see who it is but DO IT AND TELL ME WHAT THEY SAY I WILL LAUGH SO HARD IF YOU DO.

-syd