Returning Back Home

(Katniss POV)

I can't believe it's already time to go back home . I hope dad will let Prim come. I want her to meet Rue really bad. Rue hasn't made many friends and Prim could help with that.

"Do you think dad will let Prim come back with us?"

"I don't know depends on how well he thinks you take care of her." I laugh.

"She's stayed over before, Peeta."

"Really?"

"Why do you think she has her own room at the apartment?"

"Well...I just...you got me there." I chuckle at him. He can be so blond sometimes.

He takes the stuff down to the taxi and I walk downstairs to see my parents and sister waiting for me downstairs. Peeta comes back in and stands by me with an arm around my waist.

"Dad, we want to take Prim with us for awhile maybe like for two or three weeks"

"Dad, please can I please go?" Prim begs dad.

"hmm alright you can go." Before I can tell her to pack her things she's already upstairs.

"Why'd you want to take her?"

"I dont think we got enough sister bonding time and I think she misses just having me around."

I walk over to him and hug him tightly I'll miss him for sure.

"I love you, daddy I'll come back I promise."

"I love you too, sweetie and take care of Prim for me will you?"

"I always will." I smile and he kisses my forehead. I move over to my mom, who wraps me up in her arms.

"Stay in touch with us alright?"

"Alright, I will, I love you."

"I love you too." She goes over to Peeta and hugs him. He's a bit shocked but hugs her back and whispers something into her ear and she nods and says thank you.

Prim comes running down and drops her suitcase then hugs mom and dad.

"Yep I love you too bye." Then she's out the door and into the cab.

"Hurry up!" She whines. We walk as slow as possible and she gets really mad.

"Hurry please." She begs we walk at a normal pace to the car and Peeta puts her stuff in the back and clmibs into the passenger seat and I climb in back with Prim.

"Hey, Peeta?" Prim asks.

"Yeah?"

"Can we get a limo to ride back home with?" It's so hard to contain my laughter but Peeta smiles.

"Sure Little Duck." Him calls up a limo place.

"Your limo awaits as soon as we get there," he says and Prim squeals.

"This is soooo exciting, Katniss we can go meet cute boys." I see Peeta has a little angry look on his face.

"Why would I do that when I've got this piece of sexiness right here." I put my hands on Peeta's shoulders and kiss his cheek while he blushes a bright red, Prim giggles.

"Not for you, for me."

"What, no, you're only 12."

"So, what's your point?"

"You're too young to have a boyfriend dear sister." She sticks her tounge out at me and I kiss her head.

We get to the airport and Peeta pays the taxi driver then we go through all the security. Once we finally get on the plane Peeta is in the middle I'm on the outside and Prim's by the window, she's currently holding onto Peeta's hand she's alwasy been scared of airplanes.

"Prim, we're not going to crash stop worrying."

"I'm not worried about that. I just hate heights."

"don't worry, Prim Katniss and I are right here for you."

She lays his head on his arm and falls asleep. I lay my head on his shoulder and smile at him.

"My two favorite girls."

"Peeta, you're so sweet you know that?"

"You've told me before."

"I love you," I say.

"I love you too." He responds.

"Promise me you won't leave me?"

"Why would I leave you in the first place?"

"Just promise me you won't leave me."

"I promise."

"Cross your heart?"

"Cross my heart, baby." I smile at his reply and then fall asleep.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
-Syd