Scavenger Hunt

(Peeta POV)
I feel so guilty about having to leave Katniss like that. It was startling for both of us. And I think it stressed her out and that's a reason why she's been moping around and I wish she'd stop. I know that she won't even though I asked her to. She's so stubborn, but I love her.

Today's her birthday and I can't wait for tonight so that I can see her beautiful face again.

(Katniss POV)

I wake up to a Knock on the door and I groan "ANNIE, CAN YOU GET THE DOOR!!" I yell. I face plant back into my pillow.

"IT'S FOR YOU," she yells and I groan not wanting to get out of bed.

"But, it's my birthday I should be able to sleep in," I whine to her while walking out to the front door.

"You can take a nap later," I just roll my eyes, then open the door.

"Hello, I have Primroses for a Miss. Katniss Everdeen," the flower guy says smiling at me and I furrow my eyebrows wondering who they're from.

"Who the hell sent me these?" I say taking the flowers from him. I look back up at him and I think he just realized it isn't a rhetorical question.

"Oh, you'll have to find out yourself. happy birthday," he says then leaves how did he know it was my birthday.

"He wasn't rude at all," I say sarcastically. I see a piece of paper taped to the vase and I give Annie the flowers and take the piece of paper from it and read it aloud.

Dear katniss,

I'm so sorry I couldn't be with you on your birthday. I can't believe you're 20. It makes me sad to think we are all growing up and I won't be able to see you grow up for the 2 months I'm gone. It freaks me out, please don't grow up while I'm gone or change , but if you do I'll still love you more than anything in the world.

I can't wait to see you in July. I'll be home before you know it and I'll never leave you again, I hope.

Since I've been here a lot has happened (no it's not bad) I've figured out why I joined the marines. I know I have only been here for 3 days but I've found weaknesses and strengths here and one fear.

My weaknesses that I have found are not physical weaknesses but mental and emotional. They are hope and love, I know what your thinking how are they weaknesses? Well hope because when I first got here I realized these people have much more confidence than me about everything finding love, having a family, even just going out there on the battle field for a couple hours and having the confidence that they will survive it's different over here than I excepted it's rougher and deadlier than where I was last time but I will come back home alive that's why my hope is building into a strength. And love well I bet you're thinking, why love you have me and I have you isn't that enough? well what I mean is a different type of love this love means enjoying life, figuring out what I want to do when I get out of here, or what will be in my future but that's not the important thing. The important thing is my fear, my fear is about losing you to some other guy or to just the world it WILL suck you into its deep dark home Katniss and you can't let it do that it's a horrible feeling you need to get over the fact that I'll be gone for a bit but I'll be back and I promise you that I love you so so much and I can't wait to see you again and I'm sorry for not being able to be there on your birthday, but Follow these directions.

1: Go to the place we first met, at the top of the door is a little note take it and follow it's directions.

Sincerely, your love

Peeta James Mellark.

He knows that I love it when he says his whole name, I smile at the letter then look at Annie whose mouth is dropped wide open.