Come Home

(Katniss POV)

"Come on Katniss get up, go outside do something" Johanna tells me I just look at her, then sigh.

"He's not going to be gone forever he'll come back. Do you want me to get Chopper?" she asks placing her hands on her hips.

"Go ahead" I say not really caring

"CHOPPER!!" she yells and he comes running and barking.

"Get katniss" she says and he jumps on top of me and starts licking me, but it doesn't effect me.

"Get off Chopper I'm not in the mood" he whines at me and lays down by me with his head on my stomach.

"Well, I'm going home, Annie will be over in a bit," she says then crouches down beside me.

"Katniss, listen to me Peeta will come back alive I promise you, he would do anything to be with you, he loves you so much and I bet you he's telling people all about you right now how beautiful you are, how funny you are, be strong Kat he'll be home before you know it"

She gives me a sad smile gets up and walks out the door. I take the photo of Peeta I have by me and look at it and smile remembering when I took this of him and me laying in the grass together talking nonsense.

Chopper whines and I rub his head and sigh, "I miss him too buddy but he'll be home before we know it" I kiss the top of his head and get up and go take a shower.

I hear the door open and I know Annie's here to watch me. yeah I know what your thinking she's watching you? I'm too 'depressed' that Peeta is gone to take care of myself, so Annie and Johanna have been taking turns on helping me and plus the nightmares are getting worse.

"Hey, you finally got a shower" that's always something you want to hear from someone.

"Yeah and I wanna know when I can talk to Peeta" I say whining she just sighs

"You've been asking me that every time I come over and my answer is always going to be I don't know and I'm sorry that it is that answer. she comes over to me and hugs me. Then my computer starts to go off, I walk over to it and see the 5 words I've been dying to see pop up on my screen the "boy with the bread". I immediately accept.

"PEETA," I yell and I see him, my boy on the screen with a gigantic smile on his face.

"Hey you" he says smiling his ass off.

"How is it going there?" I ask.

"It's pretty good, but I'm missing you," he says with a sad face.

"So is she" Annie pops into the pic and Peeta waves to her.

"Like literally all she's been doing is moping around wanting you back so Jo and I have been watching her for you" I feel the heat rising to my cheeks, Peeta told me not to do this but I did and now I feel bad.

"Katnisss" Peeta whines

"What Peeta it's kind of hard to not to I miss you so much" this is when I start to cry " I-I just want you home Peeta I miss you so much and I keep getting nightmares about you...coming home in a casket or getting shot or blown up and I can't let that happen to you" I say sobbing now.

"Katniss listen to me I would never leave you, If I get shot out there I will do everything in my power to stay alive and trust me if I do get shot you will be the first one to know and I will come right home Kat I love you more than anything in this world even my life. My love for you is so strong I can't explain it in words and I want you to know I'll never leave you ever and if I do leave you than damn I better be going to hell" he says and the last part makes me smile.

"Peeta, I feel the same way about you our love is indescribable, do you know when your coming home?"

"A couple months so I'll be back in July" I scream with excitement and I have a huge smile on my face.

"That's amazing Peeta I can't wait to see you I love you so much" I say.

"I love you more baby" he says with a goofy grin. Then Someone yells his name. "We need you to come and help us get ready for take off!!" that makes my stomach drop "alright I'll be there in a minute!" Peeta yells back, then looks at me and his eyes grow wide "no no no Katniss I'm not going with them, I'm off duty till next week" he gives me a reassuring smile. "Baby, I know we haven't talked long but I have to go I'll be back on ASAP but for now I've got to go I love you" he says and smiles.

"I love you too stay safe" then he waves goodbye and then a guy comes behind him and disconnects us.

I turn my chair around and look at Annie and she gives me a sad smile and says, "I told you he wouldn't leave you, he'll be back before you know it" I look at the time and it's 10:00 PM and I decide to go to bed.

"I'm going to bed Annie I'll see you tomorrow" I say while walking to my room and getting changed into one of peetas shirts and I lay down and put my nose in his shirt, it smells just like him and I love it the dough smell and everything bakery.

(Johanna POV)

I go over Kats that night because I forgot my wallet when I left. I get over there and enter her apartment to hear her sobbing and Annie cooing her telling her that it wasn't real it was just a dream and that Peeta is just fine.

I walk in there and see Katniss in Annie's arms rocking back in forth trying to get her to calm down. Eventually Katniss falls back to sleep and Annie puts her back in bed and gets up and jumps when she sees me.

"Hey," she says quietly.

"Hey, how's she doing?" I ask knowing what the answer will be.

"Not very good this time I woke her up she still thought she was dreaming and she was still screaming for Peeta and her eyes were open and she just kept screaming his name until it became a whisper and then she started crying" I feel so bad for her we can't do anything about the nightmares.

"She needs to get over this I know she can't get rid of the nightmares but she can stop moping around" I say and Annie looks at me.

"It's her first time without him while he's in Afghanistan, besides she really needs him, if he did die she wouldn't last an hour she'd kill herself and we know it," she says to me and I know she's going to continue.

"That's why if he does die we have to stay with her and make sure she doesn't do that" she says still looking at Katniss.

"I can't believe Peeta is going to miss her birthday...her first birthday with him and he can't be here," I say.

"You know what he did right?" She asks.

No what did he do?" I ask with a voice of curiosity. she takes me out of her room and into the family room and starts explaining.

"Well he got a flower company to give her some flowers for her Tomorrow and In the flowers is a piece paper telling her to go do something and that's where she'll find the next clue and while she's gone we set up a surprise party and Peeta was allowed tomorrow to talk to her when we throw it"

"So, like a scavenger hunt?" I ask

"Yep will you help us get this place ready?" I smile.

"Sure, well I better be headed home I'll see ya tomorrow"

"Ok bye"

"Bye," I say then leave.

I really hope Katniss' birthday is awesome I don't want it to be ruined. She deserves this and I will do everything to give it to her.

😆😆😆😻😻😻😜😜😊😊😊😊👍

Go check out onemixx_ and mines new book running it's on her account if your wondering and I'll be putting the 2nd chapter up on my account so check that out when it comes I'll tell you guys when

It does.

Vote,comment and follow 👍

-Syd