Chapter 26: Arrival in New Orleans

It was July 28th and Nationals was six days away and at O'Hare International Airport, Abby, Sebastian and Gianna were in Terminal 3 and they were sitting at gate K5. The three were gonna board a flight to New Orleans to compete at Nationals, the girls and their moms were gonna join them later that evening as the time was 11:30 AM. Abby was decked out in her usual black t-shirt, black trackpants and TOMS shoes, Gianna was wearing capris, flip-flops and a red camisole spaghetti strap shirt and Sebastian was in a black New Orleans T-shirt, black trackpants and Under Armour Sneakers.

"I cannot wait to get to New Orleans." Sebastian admitted.

"Me either, after a whole season of competing and dancing, we're gonna be on our way to Nationals to close out the season." Gianna said.

"And hopefully, if the girls stay focused, bring home our third straight national title and when it comes to solos, we don't know who's gonna get them when we give out the assignments." Abby added.

"Yep." Sebastian agreed, then he thought of something. "Mom, Gia, i have an idea."

"What's your idea?" Abby asked.

"Maybe we can have the girls dance off for the right to earn the solo." Sebastian suggested. "What do you think of that idea?"

"That sounds like a great idea, Sebastian." Gianna told him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I agree, Gianna." Abby said, giving her son a kiss on his other cheek. "That's our Sebastian, always coming up with an idea whenever one or both of us can't figure something out."

"That's me, always helping out."

"You've always been helpful, sweetie." Abby said to him.

"Yeah, when we were growing up, you've found ways to make other dancers better, which proved that you were and still are a team player and that's why we all love you." Gianna told him.

"Love you too." Sebastian replied. "When are the girls supposed to arrive?"

"From what Leslie was telling me, they'll be in New Orleans around 7:40 pm since their flight will leave later on today at 5:30 pm." Abby answered.

"Thanks for letting me know." Sebastian stated.

"Maybe when we get to New Orleans, we can walk down Bourbon Street and or explore the french quarter." Gianna suggested.

"Sounds good to me."

"Attention passengers at gate K5, American Airlines flight #2243 going nonstop to New Orleans, Lousiana is now boarding, if you have a first class or business class ticket, you can start lining up and can board now." A voice informed everyone over the intercom.

"That's us." Sebastian told Abby and Gianna as they got up, grabbed their personal belongings and holding their first class tickets and they got in line with some other passengers that were gonna be in first class or business class and then it was their turn to board, they showed their first class tickets and the woman at the front desk scanned it to make sure it was first class.

"Ok, go right ahead." She told them and then they were walking through the gate and were inside of the jet bridge and they approached the entrance of the plane where a flight attendant greeted them. They got on the plane, turned left and sat in the first class section, Sebastian was sitting next to Abby while Gianna was sitting across from them.

"Good morning, Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking, welcome aboard American Airlines flight #2243, this will be a nonstop flight to New Orleans, Lousiana and flight time is estimated to be two hours and ten minutes. We will be backing up shortly and then we'll take off into the skies, so make sure to fasten your seatbelts and turn off electronic devices until we have reached 8,000 feet in the air, so sit back, relax and enjoy the flight." The pilot stated as all of the passengers turned off their electronic devices, then one of the flight attendants closed the door and the jet bridge backed away, then the plane began moving backwards and when it was turned, it began making it's way to the runway.