Chapter 17: Battle of the sisters

That saturday morning at 10:30 am, the bus with the Abby Lee Dance Company arrived at the Warren Performing Arts Center, where Masters of Dance Arts competition was going to be held at and that was going to be Mackenzie's first competition competing in the elite junior soloist division and they got off the bus and Sebastian was carrying Mackenzie's bag for her as they entered the building and greeted their fans and most were holding up signs for support of Mackenzie and that irked Maddie a little bit and even Melissa was miffed that she didn't get a lot of support from the fans, to her it might change if Maddie wins.

Sebastian had gotten the studio checked in for the competition, then they walked down the hallway to the dressing room that they were put in, he sees the door that says "ALDC", then they enter.

"Maddie, Mackenzie, start getting ready!" Abby yelled and Melissa was starting to do Maddie's makeup and hair, not focusing on Mackenzie, who felt a little down and Sebastian noticed and he came up to the young dancer.

"Mackenzie, i'll help you do your makeup and hair if you want me to." Sebastian said to Mackenzie.

"Go ahead and thank you." Mackenzie replied as Sebastian was starting to help Mackenzie with her makeup and hair as Abby smiled at her son, she knew that he was helpful from the very beginning and she taught him well as he was growing up and he had sibling like relationship with Mackenzie, like he has a sibling like relationship with Chloe, then he handed the young dancer her costume and she got changed in the second changing room while Maddie was in the one across from her.

Mackenzie came out of the dressing room next and she was wearing a white classy fitted blazer in stretch-neoprene with sophisticated style with a stretch-satin, contrast collar, it was worn over a separate sequin-spandex bra top with matte lycra black leggings and Maddie was in the same costume, but the blazer she was wearing was white and they both had sequin fedora hats.

"You two look wonderful!" Jill stated, then they headed to the stage as Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, Brooke, Paige, Chloe, Nia, Asia, Kendall and the moms all headed to the audience and took their seats.

"Coming up we have Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Get Happy!" Maddie came out to applause as she was ready to dance and to prove to Abby, Gianna and Sebastian that she should be the focal point of the team. Maddie started her dance and was doing decently, but she had several flaws in her routine, she finished her dance with a pose and headed off stage as Melissa stood up and cheered.

"She did ok." Kristie told the moms.

"Yeah, Maddie had some flaws." Kelly said.

"Up next is Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Get Happy!" Mackenzie came out to cheers and she was standing on the stage and she was doing the same moves that Maddie did and what Abby, Sebastian and Gianna had required, but she was doing it better than Maddie as she was on point with her moves and at the end of her routine, she left the stage to applause and the only one that didn't cheer or applaud was Melissa.

"I know they've done the same steps, but Mackenzie threw it right back in Maddie's face." Christi told the other moms.

"I agree." Kristie added.

"Ditto." Kelly stated.

"Honestly, i'll be surprised if Maddie somehow wins because i think Mackenzie did it better." Jill honestly said as Melissa looked mad that they were comparing Maddie to Mackenzie as they got up and went backstage for the girls to get ready for the group dance and this time Abby offered to do Mackenzie's make up and she accepted.

The girls had gotten changed into their costumes and they consisted of Layers of rose embroidered organza created the dramatic high-low skirt on the costume, the bodice was made up of crystal sequin spandex and stretch mesth insets on each side of the waist with Nylon/Spandex binding created the straps and trimmed the neck with Nylon/Spandex shorts attached.