Chapter 24: Return and Confronted by the moms

A week had passed and Abby and Sebastian didn't show up at the StarQuest competition like they did because they were continuing to take care of the ailing Maryen and it was now two weeks prior to Nationals and the girls were backstage taking a break after doing some work on the routines for the next competition.

Outside of the studio, the two SUV's arrived in the parking lot and parked in the reserved parking lots and getting out of the vehicles were Abby and Sebastian. Sebastian was wearing an Adidas T-Shirt, trackpants and snearkers as Abby was decked out in her black Abby Lee Dance Company shirt, trackpants and sandals and the two entered the studio.

"We're back." Abby stated.

"Abby, Sebastian, it's great to see you back!" Gianna exclaimed as she got up from the front destk and hugged them both.

"It's good to be back and with Nationals nearing, we needed to come back." Sebastian said to his girlfriend.

"How did StarQuest in Brooklyn?" Abby asked.

"Well, the group routine got 3rd place, Chloe got 1st, Kendall's solo didn't place and the trio between Payton, Nia and Paige also didn't place." Gianna explained to them.

"The girls need to get it together." Sebastian told her.

"They do." Gianna agreed.

"We'll head into Studio A and talk to the moms and hopefully they'll be calm." Abby said, then she and her son both walked into Studio A, which was empty, then they looked up and saw the moms, including Melissa, then signaled for them to come downstairs and they got up and headed downstairs.

"Welcome back, you two." Kristie stated.

"It's good to have the both of you back." Jill said.

"Well, me and my son both needed some time off, honestly." Abby answered.

"Where have you two been?" Leslie asked.

"That's what we want to know." Holly stated.

"Well, me and my mom were judging Starbound in Philadelphia." Sebastian answered.

"That was over a week ago." Kelly said as Abby and Sebastian looked at each other and rolled their eyes, knowing the moms would start something once they've returned.

"You all don't need to know where we were so it's none of your beeswax!" Abby yelled.

"It doesn't matter where they were, we are not Abby and Sebastian's keepers! So we need to just let it go and focus on Nationals." Christi told the other moms.

"It was none of her business where Me and Maddie were when we weren't here!" Melissa interjected as Abby, Sebastian and Gianna were glaring at Melissa, they were not happy that she would show up after what had happened at the Recital Rehersals.

"Melissa, why would you and Maddie come back in here after the stunt you pulled at the recital rehearsals?!" Sebastian wondered, raising his eyebrow.

Melissa gave a smug look. "Maddie is still part of this team."

"After what everyone heard what came out of your ugly and idiotic mouth, you still have the audacity to show up in this building?" Abby demanded to know.

"Now you show up and you want Maddie to be here? Abby had a contract for her and you broke it!" Gianna added.

"So did Abby Lee Miller and her son, Sebastian Miller, you two promised to provide a nurturing, healthy enviorment, but what you two are providing is a toxic, unhealthy one!" Melissa retorted.

"Mom, Gia, how much longer can we put up with Melissa?" Sebastian whispered to Abby and Gianna.

"I don't know." Gianna answered.

"Well, Melissa only has one strike, so let's put up with it while we still can, but if she gets her next two strikes, then she and Maddie are gone, but Mackenzie like we've said before, will stay on the team because she's humble." Abby said to them, then she turned her attention to the other moms. "Are you gonna let Melissa keep running her mouth?"

"Because they know i'm right with what i am saying!" Melissa replied.

"No, we don't!" Christi interjected.

"I'm not gonna fight their battles, i'll let them handle this on their own." Kelly said.

"With what you're saying, you're on your own." Holly told Melissa.

"Sorry, Melissa. I'm on the side of the moms." Jill said.

"Moms, let's huddle up." Abby suggested as she, Gianna, Sebastian and all of the moms except for Melissa huddled up to discuss what they could do as Melissa was watching them and she didn't know what they were talking about and after a minute of talking, they broke the huddle.

"All right, Melissa, we'll let you and Maddie back on the team, but, she will not be given a solo for the rest of the season, maybe next season she can get one." Gianna said.

"What that means is that until then, she is only a part of group dances." Sebastian explained.

"That's not fair!" Melissa complained.

"It's a take it or leave it, so what's it gonna be?" Abby asked.

"Ok, i'll accept it." Melissa conceded.

"Knew she'd cave in." Leslie told the other moms.

"You know it." Christi said, them they started to work on the routines that day and Melissa held her tongue over Maddie being a part of the group dances only for the last competitions of the season.