Chapter 14: Regionals

Saturday morning had arrived and that was the day of Xpressions Dance competition also known as regionals that was being held in Newark, New Jersey, the birthplace of former NBA player Shaquille O'Neal, the top five group dances would qualify for Nationals and at the Hilton, Sebastian was seen leaving the shower of his hotel room and headed to the closet.

"Ok, let's see what i'm gonna wear." Sebastian said, he picked out a black and red tracksuit and a long sleeved crewneck shirt with some Nike sneakers on his feet and he put them on after brushing his teeth and combing his long hair, then he grabbed his cell phone, card key and bags since they'd fly back home to Chicago after the competition was over and he heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" Sebastian called out.

"Are you ready to head to Newark?" Abby asked from the hallway.

"Ready when you are, Mom." Sebastian said as he had everything with him and walked to the door and saw that his mother was decked out in a winter jacket, black shirt with some silver on the collar, pants and TOMS and she was also wearing a headband.

"Let's do it, sweetheart." Abby said as she and Sebastian walked down the hallway on the third floor, they got on the elevator, which took them to the lobby area and the girls, their moms and Gianna were all standing near the door with their bags awaiting them, then they walked outside and got on the bus and after taking their seats, the bus began moving. "Sebastian, we haven't won in New Jersey in years."

"I know, the last time we won there was in my last year of dancing on the team back in March of 2008." Sebastian responded. "Hopefully, we can end that losing streak in New Jersey today."

"Hopefully." Abby agreed as the girls were talking amongst themselves.

"Asia, did you know that Sebastian loves to watch Tom & Jerry?" Nia told the youngest member of the team.

"Didn't know that, i'd watch it sometimes." Asia said.

"Sebastian told us that he laughs a lot whenever he sees Tom getting hurt and he screams." Chloe told them.

"That Cat & Mouse duo sure knows how to make people laugh." Paige added.

"If that was Cathy getting caught in the mousetrap, Miss Abby and Sebastian would have been laughing for weeks and weeks." Kendall stated.

"That'd be funny." Mackenzie remarked.

"I know." Maddie simply stated.

"You got that right." Brooke agreed.

27 minutes later, they arrived at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, where Xpressions dance was being held at and like always, there were fans there to greet them and as soon as they enter, they see Cathy and the Candy Apples.

"Well, look who showed up, it's Abby and her band of losers!" Cathy said. "I hope you're ready to lose to us again!"

"That was then and now, we're going to repay the favor." Sebastian retorted, crossing his arms, then instead of causing drama, the girls, the moms, Abby, Gianna and Sebastian all headed to the dressing room after getting checked in for the competition and Chloe, Asia and Paige got ready since their solos went first and then they went to change into their costumes.

Chloe was in a gold foil printed and metallic spandex short unitard with an attached skirt and separate matching spiral side skirt with gold metallic waistband and she had a headpiece.

Asia was decked out in a black velvet, spandex and color spandex short unitard with black mesh overlays and a separate color mesh on clear vinyl skirt with Black spandex binding trim and the costume was orange.