Chapter 10: Grieving

At Sebastian's house, the mood was saddening as Maryen was in the kitchen wiping tears from her eyes and Abby was also there and she had been crying over Broadway Baby's death as Sebastian was still in his room and like his mother and grandmother, he had been grieving the loss of the dog.

"How long has Sebastian been in his room?" Maryen asked her daughter, who was emotional as she was and wiped a few tears from her eyes.

"He misses Baby a lot like we do, but Baby was so close to him and it's hurting him like it's hurting us because he fed and played with her a lot while growing up." Abby emotionally replied to her mother, she knew Sebastian loved Broadway Baby like a sibling and whenever one or all three of them were sad, the dog would lick their tears.

"Sebastian sure loved Baby." Maryen said.

"He did." Abby sobbed.

"Maybe you can go check on him to see that he's okay."

"I'll give it a chance." Abby said as she got up from the chair and left the kitchen, she headed upstairs to her son's bedroom and approached the door, she could hear the sniffling sounds which meant that Sebastian had been crying over the loss of Broadway Baby, she opened the door and saw that her son was sitting on the bed, wiping his tears and he looked up at Abby with red and puffy eyes and it broke the dance teacher's heart. "Sebastian, are you ok?"

"No, i just miss Broadway Baby a lot." Sebastian admitted through his crying as he saw his mother's tears continuing to fall.

"We all do." Abby said, walking in and sitting next to her crying son.

"Mom, she kept us sane and whenever i'd have a rough day at school or you had a rough day at the studio from dealing with thoses crazy mothers and our spirits would be lifted in a second. She always knew how to cheer us up when we were upset or distraught when something went wrong after something didn't go right the way we planned." Sebastian said to his mother.

"You know it." Abby said, then she saw that Sebastian was struggling not to start crying because memories of Broadway Baby were continuing to flood his mind.

"How come Broadway Baby have to go?" Sebastian asked, a desperate expression on his face, he looked out of it as the tears began to fall again and eventually, he fell apart and broke down crying again as Abby grabbed her son and he collapsed in her shoulder as she hugged him.

Abby felt her own tears start to fall as she held her son in her arms and all he could do was cry and cry because Broadway Baby wasn't with him, his mother and grandmother anymore, she was in a better place and Sebastian could hear his mother sobbing quietly.

"Sebastian, i know this is a huge blow, but i think it was just her time to go. She might not be here with us physically, but she will always be here in our hearts and in spirit and she's in a better place with your grandfather." Abby assured him, trying to make him feel better as mother and son both cried together.

Meanwhile, at the Abby Lee Dance Company, the girls and their moms were in the Dancer's Den during a break in rehearsal and

"Has anyone tried to call Abby or Sebastian?" Kelly asked everyone else.

"I tried calling them, but i couldn't get an answer." Christi replied.

"Me too." Melissa said, even though she was resenting Abby and Sebastian for putting Maddie in the background recently, she couldn't help but feel bad for them, they didn't deserve to lose their dog.

"Do you think dogs go to heaven like people do?" Mackenzie asked.

"Yes, Kenzie. They do." Chloe replied. "Mom told me that once."

"Do you know what would make Miss Abby and Sebastian feel a whole lot better?" Asia then said.

"What?" Brooke wondered.

"Getting a clean sweep at StarQuest!" Asia answered.

"That could do the trick." Paige stated.

Back at Sebastian's house as the sun was setting and Maryen was seen leaving the kitchen and entering the living room, where Abby and Sebastian were looking through the window at Lake Michigan as they were trying to pull themselves together.

"Have you guys decided on what to do?" Maryen asked her daughter and grandson, who were still emotional over Broadway Baby's death.

"Grandma, everywhere me and mom look, there are memories of Broadway Baby everywhere and it floods our minds and honestly, we don't know if we want to leave you alone." Sebastian replied to his grandmother as his voice was thick with tears that were falling from his eyes like raindrops.

"That is a scary thought." Abby agreed as her voice broke, wiping her tears. "If something ever happened to you and we weren't able to be there, we wouldn't forgive ourselves."

"Seb, Abigaile. I honestly think you two should go back to the studio, Gia and those kids at the studio all love you both to death," Maryen suggested.

"I know, but their mothers don't appreciate all of the opportunities that we give their kids week after week and we fight with them so many times and they rolled ther eyes at us and Broadway Baby never did any of those things." Sebastian said as Abby rubbed her son's back as she could feel that he was about to start crying and Maryen could sense it too.

"It's gonna be ok, Seb. Abigale, take him to his room and comfort him." Maryen stated as Abby walked her son to his bedroom and he started crying into his mother's shoulder as the dance teacher was rubbing his back, even though Broadway Baby was gone, they knew that the pain would end. Then the next day, Abby and Sebastian decided to go back to the studio and when they entered, they got hugs from the moms, the dancers, Gianna and the rest of the faculty of the studio and they worked on the routines for StarQuest in Rockford.