Chapter 35: Food Thief

“Dean, are you feeling better?” She said

He looked at me, and then glanced back at her. “Why are you here?”

She smiled sweetly, “I heard that you were in the hospital,” She paused, “so I came here to visit you.”

He smiled. “Thank you for worrying about me.” He said coldly, “But I’m much better.”

She smiled and placed the bunch of flowers on the table that was next to him. She glanced up and looked at me, “And you are?”

I tried to smile back, but it was difficult. I had no idea what I was doing or feeling. But then Dean glanced at me and smiled, he reached for my hand and held it, “She’s my girlfriend.”

My eyes widened and glanced back at Dean.

He smiled at me again and looked back at the girl, “Taylor meet Amanda. Amanda meet Taylor.”

Amanda smiled weakly, seeing her eyes narrowing at me as she offered her hand. “Nice to meet you Taylor.”

I shook her hand and smiled, “Nice to meet you too.” I said. For her type of sweet personality, her hand she was firm and strong when she shook my hand. I started to wonder what this meant. Still smiling I withdrew my hand and glanced back at Dean.

Dean smiled at me for a while and then laughed for a bit. I glanced at him. “What?”

He smiled again and looked up. “Are you still worried about me?”

I stared at him, wondering what he meant by that. Amanda smiled and glanced at the both of us. “Of course she is, Dean.” She said, “Taylor is your girlfriend.”

Dean glanced back at the blond girl and laugh, “Yeah.” He grinned back at me.

My phone buzzed and I reached for my pocket in my coat. Looking down at the screen, I saw Rosabel’s message, ‘I got the food you ordered. Do you mind picking it up? My director called me and I have to practice for the show now.’

I touched the screen and started typing, ‘Thanks! I’ll pick it up now.’

Once I touched to screen to press the button Send, I glanced back at Dean and Amanda. “I need to pick up some food now.” I said. “Is that alright?”

Dean glanced at me again and smiled, “Sure.” He said, “I should be alright by myself.”

I smiled back at him.

“I hope we could meet again.” Amanda smiled at me.

I nodded and smiled. I stepped out of the door and closed it. I gave a big sigh and shook my head for a while and then leaned against the wall. What was with that atmosphere? I thought to myself, Was it because Amanda was there?

I shrugged and then sighed again.

***

“Thank you.” I said to the shop keeper.

“You’re welcome.” The lady said, “You sure did order a lot of food just by yourself.”

I smiled, “I’m very hungry.”

The lady nodded and smiled. She then stopped and looked at me again, “Weren’t you wearing a white dress before?”

“What dress?” I asked.

“You were wearing a white dress when you came here to order the food ten minutes ago.”

I thought back again and then my memory clicked. Rosabel ordered the food before and since we’re twins everyone who sees us thinks we’re one person. And I usually keep my profile low because I’m a bodyguard. While on the other hand, Rosabel wants to be famous ballerina.

This always makes me confuse again. Rosabel and I are twin sisters, and yet we are opposite to each other. She was the girl who wears dresses and does ballet. While I was the girl who’s a tomboy and hates pink.

Remembering that I needed to keep my profile low, I smiled and nodded, pretending to be Rosabel. “I changed before,” I smiled weakly, “my house is close here.”

The shop keeper smiled again, “Oh, so that’s how it is.” She glanced at me and smiled again.

I nodded and reached for the bag of food and held it in my hand. “Thank you again.”

The shop keeper smiled again , “See you around then.”

I smiled and nodded, exiting the shop. I turned around to the direction and walked heading back to the hospital which was a few streets away. I glanced up, pulling my black coat tighter. I lowered my head again, and waited for the pedestrian lights.

Then something or someone grabbed my bag. I glanced up and gasped, What? A thief? A food thief?

I reacted.

My hand grabbed for the thief’s shoulder and I literally strained and twisted his shoulder joints with my bare hands.

The thief yelled in agony.

I smiled. “Gotcha!”

But when I was about to spin him around to see who the food thief was, he picked up his feet and dashed with my bag of goods. My eyes widened and I grabbed for my food.

Despite the pain in this shoulder, the thief ran, dragging my bag of food as well as myself. I yelled out, “Theif! Theif!”

There were some people looking to my direction and some men came running to trying to help me. Instead the thief quickens his pace and pulled my bag of food harder. I pulled it back to me and the bag broke.

Seeing my boxes of food in the bag throwing into the air and then suddenly hit hard on the cold ground – the food spilled across the concrete floor. I glanced up and stared at the food thief.

“What?” My eyes widened larger, “You?”

He was that person who first kidnapped Dean and I –  that person, who was such a jerk. I tried to remember his name. “Josh?”

He didn’t nod or answer, but his face was different. He wasn’t smiling with pride like he use to. He was somehow very much like a thief – this neutral facial expression with narrow eyes and dark and scrappy clothes.

My mind went thinking all the possibilities that could happen, and then I thought to stories that seemed impossible, yet possible if it was his situation.

Josh made for the run, as people began to look at him, trying to study his features, while others pulled their phones out and called the police.

I had nothing else better to do, other than running after him. So I did.

***

My computer is now fixed so here I am posting this chapter up. It's a little short. But I was hoping to post it as soon as possible. Looking forward to your votes and comments. :D