Chapter 36: Secrets of Harris

Sitting down and trying to relax as much as he could, Harris sat down on his couch and turned the television on. He glanced down at his watch and saw that the time was two in the afternoon. Closing his eyes to simply fall asleep, his phone suddenly rang.

Lifted his head slowly, he reach for his phone on the coffee table. Quickly, tapping on the screen he answered, “Hello?”

He heard a smile, “Why hello, brother.”

“Henry?”

His younger brother laughed, “Of course.” He paused and said, “I would like say a few things to you.”

Harris’ eyes narrowed. “What is it?”

Henry grinned, “Well brother, your little Rosanna is going to come to me.” He continued, “And I want you to join me.”

“I’ve told you already.” Harris said, “Taylor has nothing to do with you people. Why do you always have to do this?”

He could hear Henry smile again, “I just have to.” His brother answered, “Or than you would never come to see me.”

“What do you want then?”

“Just come to the usual spot and I’ll tell you everything there.”

With that his phone hung up and beeped.

Harris glanced up and sighed. “Only if I could reverse time.”

***

I ran after my food thief, which was actually Josh; one of Firer members. Turning corners, running up and down stairs, he finally stopped. I looked at him and smiled, “Guess you’re at the dead end.”

His eyes narrowed and his mouth gasped. Then his expression changed. Instead of being afraid or terrified, he was smiling.

“Actually, I should be saying that to you.” I heard another voice; a familiar voice that is.

Around the wide empty space of the empty brick wall, I saw figures surrounding me. I turned around and saw him smiling.  “So happy to see you, Rosanna.” Henry smiled.

I relaxed my shoulders and glanced straight back to him, “You too.” I kept my voice even.

Henry smiled and nodded. “And still you prettier than ever.”

I cracked a laughter, “You’re kidding me right?”

He shook his head and smiled.

I sighed. Glaring back at him, I narrowed my eyes, “What do you want?”

Henry smiled, “I just want to tell you something, Rosanna.” He walked closer to me. “I want to tell you a little secret.” He paused and smiled, “Actually, three little secrets.”

I glanced away from him and counted how many people there were around me. Looking and scanning, there were about fifty people. Great!

“What secret do you want to tell me?” I smiled sweetly at him.

He laughed, “It’s something about your closest friend.” He paused, “Harris.”

My eyes widened. But trying not to show it, I laughed back, “Are you sure it’s about Harris?”

He nodded, as he circled around me and whispered closely to my ear. “He’s my brother after all.”

I shrugged, “I don’t know about that.” I smiled, “Even though you’re blood related, you don’t seem like it at all.”