Chapter 6: Mr. Player's Promise

Chapter 6: Mr. Player’s Promise

Slipping my hand, I felt his warm hand holding mine as everyone else in the room watched us. The music in the party seemed to elegant with each step I took. Walking with him, he smiled at me and I smiled back. I took a step and past some girls; hearing them whispering to each other, “Wow! She’s so lucky!” The first one said. The girl next to her smiled, “They’re like a perfect couple.”

I smiled as I heard the comments, but in reality I was really struggling walking with these high heels. They may seem simple, beautiful and gently wrapping around my feet. But they were in fact, very hard to walk with; especially when it was like seven years ago the last time I wore them. This was some of the things why I hated being a girl.

He smiled and placed his hand over my hips; I weakly smiled and slipped my fingers over his shoulder. Hearing the music moving within the golden room, people held hands with their love and danced under the shinning lights.

He smiled at me again, staring into my eyes, “You look very beautiful.” He whispered.

I smiled, “Thank you.” Trying to be polite, “You prepared that act didn’t you?”

“What act?” He said, smiling at me again.

“The act of spilling cocktail over my suit,” I answered, still trying to calm down.

He smiled, “Well, I had to,” he continued, “or then I won’t be able to see you like this.” He glanced down at my dress.

I sighed, feeling stress over my feet. “You promised me those ten wishes, so don’t you dare forget.” I warned him, smiling. “Which adds to the eight wishes I have left. And that equals to eighteen wishes.”

He stared at my lips, “Yes, yes. I will never forget.” He continued, “There was something I’ve been wondering for a while.”

I weakly smiled, “What is it?”

He gazed into my eyes, “Why did you decide to be a bodyguard,” He paused, “When you can be such a beautiful girl?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“Because I think I know something about you.” He said.

“I guess you have the right to know something from me,” I sighed, “It’s because of my father,” I whispered.

His eyes shocked. I guess he didn’t think my answer would be something like that.

“What happened to your father?” He asked.

My eyes lowered, feeling my lashes softened, “He passed away.”

He silenced and gripped my dress closer to him. “I’m sorry.” He whispered.

I felt like tears were going to pour out of my eyes for some reason. This never happened to me before. I haven’t cried before. Never. The day I knew my father passed away, I didn’t cry, even if it was seven years go. But today, it felt like I was able to let it out. But I couldn’t. I couldn’t let him see me cry. He would ask more questions. But my heart felt warm, from a long time. Usually it was always ice or stone. Perhaps that’s why my tone when talking was always different and cold, scaring people off.

I gripped my hands and pushed him away from me. “Sorry.” I said to him, trying not to let my eyes fill with tears. “I have to go.” I quickly ran out of the doors.

The boy stood there watching her leave from his hand. Moments passed, as he stood there not knowing what to do next. But when it struck him, he quickly followed after her.

My eyes streaming what seemed like tears as I raced out of the party and down the stairs of many levels. I wanted to run away, something that I wasn’t able to do for a long time. Finally, walking out of the glass doors of the restaurant, I took off these high heel shoes and took off the silver earrings and necklace off and placed them in my hands. I was sitting there by the marble stone fountain with my feet free from heels. Tears streamed off my cheeks, I tried controlling them again, but I couldn’t. I have to stop. I have to stop!

I couldn’t left myself go loose anymore. This was the same reason why I wanted to train into a bodyguard, for my personal selfish reasons. Saying that I can protect someone was something I always wanted to do right; after that very day. The day I learnt my lesson, I hid my true self away from the surface, and became what I wanted to be. A strong person that was always right. I wanted to be perfect; a person who doesn’t know what was sadness, pain and love.

I struggled myself with pains of bruises and blood. But I never wanted a scar in my heart. I was afraid, that it might happen again. People always say to me that time can heal everything, even the ones in a heart or mind. But I never believed that. It didn’t happen to me, so it couldn’t be true. It probably was just some rumour people made up.

I gripped my hands feeling blood rushing under my skin. I have to stop! I have to stop! I have to be strong; strong as stone and as cold as ice. It was the only way I could stop myself from turning into shattered glass pieces.

Lowering my head, my hair hid my face from what I am. Hearing the water splashed behind me, I turned around and smiled. Smiling was something that I cannot do. But at a time like this I have to. I glanced down at the clear water and saw my own reflection. My hair was long and curly a perfect match with the simple black dress that was lifted with flower petals on the trim of the edge. I smiled, imagining what my father would say if he was still here.

I glanced down at the silver necklace and the earrings that I took off before. I haven’t worn these for ages, but I still kept the holes in my ears, just in case. I started to wear them again seeing diamond stars dangling from my ears as I glanced at my water reflection. I wore the silver star necklace back on my neck. The earrings and the necklace was a set. The necklace had small stars surrounding the sliver patterned lace.

It shined as I wore them against the black dress. I smiled again, just to hold the tears again.

“Are you feeling better?” a voice said from behind.

I turned around to see him again. “Dean?” I questioned, “Why are you here?” I said, trying not to let him see that I’m crying.

“I thought you needed company.” He said, coming closer to me.

“Don’t take another step.” I warned him. “Leave me alone.”

“But–”

“Please.” I said quietly, “I just need some time alone.”

He stood there watching me and didn’t leave.

***

She fell asleep in his car. He pulled the brakes and sat there watching her sleeping.

“I hope you feel better tomorrow.” He whispered.

Seeing her hair glimmered under the midnight moon; he smiled. He couldn’t believe that a tomboy or bodyguard like her can be as beautiful as she was now. He really couldn’t just believe it. It was like she was a totally different person, like a twin or something. But he could tell it was her, the girl with most beautiful blue eyes, even though she hides them behind her shades.

He can watch her all night like this. When she sleeps she’s more peaceful and calm, like an angel. But the question why she had changed, had kept bugging him. He had thought of many scenarios but if didn’t seemed to fit; a pretty girl like her turning into a bodyguard that protects, or would he say torture, the person she’s maintaining.

He sighed, “Hopefully I can get to know you more.” He whispered again.

He took off his jacket and placed it over her; just to keep her warmer. He unbuckled his seat beat and pulled a handle under his feet and his seat was stretched backwards. He laid down facing her and slept as he watched her. “I promise I’ll never make you cry again.”

***

I had trouble writing this chapter and finally I finished it! Aww... Dean can be just a gentleman; well only when he wants to. I wonder how Taylor would react? Hehe, find out in the next chapter!