Chapter 16: Seeing an Old Friend Again

The boys glanced up and saw her sitting there in a white dress. She was trying to open the black bracelet that was surrounding her ankle. They glanced at each other again and felt the same black bracelet on their wrists tightened. They lowered their eyes and saw sparks coming out of the bracelet. Both Harris and Dean quickly headed outside, before the bracelet activates.

Running and meeting the glass doors of the restaurant, where no else was there but Harris and Dean. The bracelet released more sparks around each of the boys’ wrists and in seconds the electricity from the bracelet, spread around their hands and into their body. Harris felt the spark as he slowly leaned against the door trying to control him again. While, on the other hand, Dean slammed his hand to the wall, trying to keep his head together, but instead they both fell down and collapsed on the floor.

Unhidden behind the wall, as he was watching Harris and Dean collapsed, he came out and pointed, “Tie them up.”

A group of black men, hurried and followed his orders, “Brother Josh,” One of them paused, “What do you want to do with them?”

He grinned, “Revenge.”

***

I stood up and saw the two of them, Harris and Dean. Their eyes widened as they saw me, as I was touching the bracelet. Sparks spread over my bracelet but nothing happened.

I saw their black bracelets sparked with white electricity. And when I glanced up to see their faces again, they headed for the other direction of the ball room. It was one of those bracelets, and it was going to activate automatically as I try to open my one.

I stood up to see where Harris and Dean were heading, but I was stopped.

“Miss, please sit down.” Three men in black told me.

I smiled, they were bodyguards alright. But it made me wonder more. “Which school did you graduate from?” I asked the three of them.

They didn’t answer me, “Miss, please sit down.” The first one said to me again.

I didn’t sit down, “Did he tell you three to guard me?”

They didn’t answer. I rolled my eyes and sat down. But that wasn’t what I had in mind. I glanced down at my shoes. They were sure shining with silver and clear crystals. I glanced down lower observing my foot and saw the high heels of my shoes. The stem of the shoes had to be strong enough to be able to support my foot and my whole body weight. I smiled that makes the high heels strong enough to be a, perfect weapon.

I lowered myself and undo the shoes, taking them off. My bandaged ankle was still pretty bad. But to escape I have to control the pain, which had taken me many years to control during Black Arrow Academy. I held the shoes and aimed. Holding it with my left hand, I closed one of my eyes and glanced at the lights, to be precise it was the chandelier, I was aiming for.  I glanced back at the bodyguards that were watching me. What a perfect time. They were changing their shifts. I have this little time to do what I have to do.

I lifted my arm higher and threw one of my shoes. It spun into the air, as music echoed within the ball room. People didn’t even seem to be seeing it too. I smiled, Three, Two, One, Zero. My shoe hit the main stem of the chandelier, the branch where it was connecting to the ceiling. The chandelier shook and cracks along the ceilings were formed. Now, people began to glanced up and see what was happening. The girls began to scream and the guys started to run out of the room.

I smiled again, “This was perfect!” I glanced back at the guards. They were surely looking for me, I ran into the crowd. Following them but also searching for the direction Harris and Dean was heading to before.

The girls screamed running with their partners as the boys pretended to ‘protect’ them. But I knew that they also wanted to get out as well. Running with the crowd, I still had one of my shoes in my hand. The only problem was, I was running with my bare feet, and a bandage ankle. People were running so fast, they were running on my foot. It sure hurts when some steps on your foot, and especially without your shoes on. I ignored the pain, continuing running for the direction I last saw Harris and Dean.

People all ran outside searching for their cars and were phoning their drivers to come and pick them up. I stood there by the stairs of the restaurant and glanced back through the clear glass. I heard the chandelier sway the last time and it fell down I guess, hearing a loud crash inside the ball room. I sighed, I guess, I can ask Dean to pay that, if they found out that it was me who did it.

I glanced up again, but before I can ask him, I have to find him and Harris first. This was so annoying, because without any devices on me, I couldn’t track them down. I glanced down at the bracelet that surrounded my ankle. It was turning back to the black colour again. So that means that the bracelet had activated and was finished with charging electricity into Harris and Dean. And if perhaps, I try to touch it again where the lock was. It would surely spark them two again. But how on earth am I supposed to track them down with no tracking devices. I studied the bracelet for a while and I remembered.

Running down, to the streets I was walking on stones and twigs with my bare feet. People around me were looking at me as though I was some kind of weird, crazy lady wearing a white formal dress. I scanned the area searching for anything that I can find. And there I spotted the motorbikes by the side of the road. I walked over to the vehicles and observed them for a while. Pretty nice for the shining red colour of the bike, it really did catch my attention. I glanced down at the smooth surface of the bike again, seeing my reflection.

I thought that I was running hard before. But my hair, for some reason, wasn’t even messed up. Very weird, but I didn’t have time for this wondering about. I need to make this bike work, somehow.

“Wow!” Someone said, “We have a pretty girl here.”

I glanced back and saw a few boys tucking their leather jackets. Yep, they were the gang type. Perfect timing.

“Do you want a ride home, sweetie?” One of them said.

I nodded, trying to be innocent.

The next one came closer to me and touched my arm. I quickly reacted, pulling my hand away from him. He smiled again, “She doesn’t like us.” He said.

They all exchanged glances smiling to each other. But they were interrupted.

“Hey!” I heard a voice, “What’s taking so long?”

They all turned around and their faces began to change, “Sorry.” They said, “We just found this girl.” They all pointed at me.

I stood there in silence. I guess that guy is the leader or something.

The leader stepped forward, wearing his shades, even though it was night time, seeing the stars twinkling above me.

He glanced down, looking at my feet, and then glanced up observing my appearance. This is going to take a while.

His eyes seemed to widen as he reached for this sunglasses, “Is that you Rosanna?” He raised an eyebrow.

I shot a glanced back at this person, Do I know this person?

The same reaction his gang gave him, they asked, “Brother, you know this girl?”

***

Thank you for reading! I just felt like introducing a new character. Though, I have no idea what name to give him. I ran out of inspirational names. So if you have any leader-like names, just say it out.