Chapter 21: Nothing Else But a Bodyguard

It was the evening now. The moon hung in the night sky as the small stars dangled like diamonds falling from the sky. I was lying there, on the hospital bed, gazing off to the world I was in.

Nothing had gone better, after that moment. I could still hear those three words he said to me. “I love you.”

Shaking my head again, I was annoyed. Why did he say that to me? “Didn’t he said, he had a girlfriend already?” I whispered.

“Who?” I heard a voice.

I glanced up and saw his green eyes. I glanced away. “No one.” I answered, Harris.

He walked closer to me and smiled, placing the metal tray on the table that was next to my bed. He pulled a chair and sat down looking at me.

“What do you want?” I glared at him, with my arms folded.

He glanced by the side of the bed and saw his coat and scarf lying there. “Why aren’t you wearing the coat I gave you?”

I looked at the coat and scarf, “Because I don’t need it!”

Harris smiled as he reached the scarf. He wrapped it around my neck and smiled again, “You should at least wear the scarf, okay?”

I touched the black scarf around my fingers; it was soft and still warm. I pulled out my hands and began to take off the scarf, “I don’t need it.” I threw it to him.

 The scarf landed on his lap. He glanced down and held the scarf. He stood up and wrapped it around my neck.

I reacted, taking the scarf off, “I don’t need it!” I told him.

But still, he kept wrapping it around me. I took it off again, and he continued wrapping it around me. “I don’t want it!”

He stopped and held my hands tight, my eyes widened as he took hold of my wrists. He glimpsed down at me, looking into my eyes as he pushed me down lying on the pillow. I could feel his breath on my skin. I glanced back at him, seeing my own reflection in his green emerald eyes. I gulped.

“Why are you being like this?” He whispered to me.

I glanced away not looking at him, “Because...” I started. Damn it! I’m so girl like, now.

I turned my head and looked into his eyes again, Was this the moment, where the guy kisses the girl? I blinked.

I smiled at him, moving closer to him. I pushed him back as I pulled his arm backwards. Hearing his veins crackling, he reacted.

“Owww...” He said.

I stood there on the bed holding his arms backwards in the air.

“Why are you doing this, Rosanna?” He continued his sentence.

“Don’t ask me that question!” I told him, “And don’t call me that name!”

“Why?” He replied, his voiced changed.

I sighed, “Why are you becoming more like Dean, asking questions all the time?” I paused, “I thought that you have matured after you went to Europe.”

It was his turned to sighed, “I just want to know, why you switch you first and surname,” he paused, “Rosanna Taylor, that’s you’re real name right?”

I rolled my eyes, “Why do you even want to know?”

He tried to move letting my grip slip, I fell back down and sat on the bed. He turned around and faced me. But his arms were still in the air, in the same position as they were before. Two arms sticking backwards, like he was trying to fly without wings. I looked at him and laughed.