Chapter 4: Catching After The Player

The bullet flew past the plants and shattered the glass doors of the hotel. I could see that it was aimed for him, so I turned and pushed him down. We both fell hard on the marble floors, landing safely away from the bullet.

“What was that for?” He asked, standing quickly.

“We have to go!” I told him, pulling this jacket to his chest, “Those people are after you!” I pointed at the people advancing.

He turned to look at the waiters, who were slowly coming closer to the hotel doors. “Oh man,” he said, “not them again!”

“You know them?”

“Yeah.” He replied, scratching his head, “It’s a long story.”

“Don’t have time!” I dragged him along with me, “Let’s go!" We ran outside, away from the people trying to hurt us.

Shutting the doors of the Ferrari, I took the keys from his hand and boosted the accelerator to maximum speed, heading for the main road.

“Where are we going?” He asked, glancing back occasionally to see if anybody was following.

I focused on the road, “I don’t know. Somewhere they won’t find you!”

He sighed, “You’re the weirdest bodyguard I’ve met.”

I smiled back, “And you’re the weirdest player I’ve met.”

He glanced at me uncertainly, “I’m weird?”

I grinned, “Yes.” I paused, still concentrating on the road, “Very weird.”

He silenced.

I drove past many people, speeding through the traffic lights. Yes, it was very dangerous, but I couldn’t seem to lose the car that appeared to be following us. With another quick glance to the mirror, I could still see the blue car behind us.

“We have to go faster!” He said, seeing it also.

I honked at the cars in front of us, telling them to go to one side and I hit the brakes, causing his sport car to cause loud screeches and create marks on the road.

“Careful!” He yelled, “It’s my car!”

“I know. I’m trying to create something.”

“Create what?” He asked.

I smiled and hit the accelerator again, boosting the car to give off smoke behind the wheels. Quickly, I drove under the bridge and into the tunnel that was ahead of us. I stopped the car and quickly pressed the brakes, turning off the engine.

“Hopefully we lost them.” I said.

He hurriedly got out of the car, searching if there were any marks on his car. He glanced at me and stared at the headlights. “You!”

“What?” I complained.

“You broke the headlights!” He said, pointing at me, “Do you know how much they cost?”

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car, “I know, I know.” I said, trying to calm him down. “Very expensive?”

“It’s $25,000 for the headlights!”

“Woah!” I replied, closing the door of his red Ferrari and looking at the damage.

“Yeah, and how are you going to pay me?”

I shook my head, “I don’t know,” I shrugged, “I just saved your life!”

He stared at me, “No you didn’t!”