Chapter 29: His First Wish To Me

With each child holding a colourful helium balloon, as well as eating their chosen candy and lollipop, we went to the snowy park again. The ground was filled with snow, but it wasn’t snowing at the moment and even though it was winter, it wasn’t that cold. I smiled as I saw Dean/Mr Teddy held the little kids’ hands as they walked around and around the frozen fountain in the middle of Central Park.

I was sitting down by the wooden bench that was opposite to the white fountain. Watching them all dance and doing crazy things such as playing tag and stuck in the mud, I just smiled and laughed watching them all play.

Watching the kids play, I remembered the days when Rosabel and I played in the park with our parents; especially the time when we made that colourful dragonfly kite that was soaring through the blue skies of the morning spring. I kind of missed those times. Even though I’m a bodyguard now, and was not to remember things that might affect me, I still treasure those happy moments of my childhood with my family.

I suddenly got out of my daydream when Mr Teddy started to scream as he ran towards me. My eyes widened as I was wondering what he were doing. The kids however, was chasing him with linked arms to each other’s shoulders like a long terrifying dragon breathing fire as it chased Dean.

Dean ran towards me and hid behind me.

“Miss!” Mr Teddy said, “The dragon is going to eat me!”

I glanced back at his teddy bear head and sighed. “Well, aren’t you suppose to fight it back Mr Teddy?” I asked.

He looked at me. Even though I couldn’t see his eyes, I knew that he was staring at me expecting me to continue with the act.

“What?” I said.

All the kids looked at me and sighed as the settled around me by the wooden bench. “Miss, you’re no fun!” They all said to me.

I widened my eyes and looked at them. “Yeah,” Mr Teddy joined, “You have to continue with the story!”

I sighed as I was also disappointed in myself. Then I had the next best idea. Taking my phone out, the one that Dean gave to me as a present in the morning, I smiled at the kids, “Let’s all take a photo okay?”

They all looked at me again and shook their heads. “No, Miss!” One of the girls called out, “We need to take a lot of photos!”

I smiled at the girl, “Well, then.” I paused, “Let’s get started!”

After many snaps and shots of the children with Mr Teddy, and the children playing in the snow. The kids ran over to me and smiled, “Why didn’t you take a photo of yourself?”

I glanced at them and smiled.

“Let’s take photos of Miss Taylor!” One of the girls jumped.

I glanced over and saw Mr Teddy nodding constantly. I stood there, still think about the idea. “Come on, Miss!” The girls smiled, “You’re pretty!”

I smiled at the second graders again and was about to shook my head. But seeing all twenty of them placing their best puppy eyes at me (even Mr Teddy), I just couldn’t resist. I relaxed my shoulders and smiled, “Okay then.”

The kids all screamed out “Hooray!” And took hold of my phone. Standing there and I smiled for the photo, as all of them try to figure out which button to press.

“It’s this one!”

“No. It’s this one!”

After I while I sighed and came closer to me, “Maybe I shouldn’t take a photo.”