Chapter 2: What Are You?

"Where is he?" he yelled to his phone, "I need him now!"

Trying to reach for the bandages, he had attempted to rub his hand and try to untwist his veins. But after trying that for about two hours, it still didn't work.

"When I find him, I'm going to kill him!" He ended his phone call and chunked it on the floor.

"Oww..." He continued, still staring at his hand.

He had tried to have it fixed by several different doctors, but they all said that the twist of his veins could only be undone by the person that did it.

"Great!" He yelled, as though he was alone in the room.

It was an ache that twisted his mind, even though it was only on his hand.

His blood couldn't flow probably and all the doctors said that if it was not undone in forty-eight hours, his hand was likely to be paralysed for life. A rich player like him wouldn't want to have that and for sure, another thing was, he wouldn't even want to know what real pain was.

Getting in fights with other guys was normal for him. It was like his lunch. He couldn't live without a fight for a day. Whenever he has built anger inside him, he would take it out onto another person, or sometimes even, a whole group, if he felt like it—especially when they didn't watch their mouths.

Bruises, cuts and pain was normal for him to get from fights, but the one he had at the moment was aching under his skin; something that his mind wouldn't leave off.

"Need help?" A voiced said behind him.

He turned around and saw that very same bodyguard smiling at him, with shades covering his eyes and a black hat.

"You!"

***

"Looks like cat got your tongue," I smiled at him.

He glared at me, "You!" He pointed, "You fix my hand right now!" He said, as though it was a warning.

I grinned, "And what happens when I don't?"

He grinned back, "Then you're fired!"

"Wow!" I exclaimed. "Me, fired?" I walked closer to him. "You're kidding right? You didn't even hire me, so how are you going to fire me?"

His eyes burned with fire, "Fix my hand now!"

"And what happens when I do?"

He sighed and shook his head, "Then you can continue your job."

"Seriously?" I raised an eyebrow, "Is that all?"

"Yeah!" He said quietly, "What else do you want? Money? Girls? I can give it all to you!"

I shook my head, "Girls? Seriously?" I yawned. "You still can't tell, can you?"

"Tell about what?"

I smiled to myself. I couldn't believe he didn't recognise that I was a girl yet. I thought that he'd better. I pulled my hat tighter. Or maybe it was just because I was playing tough on him already; thanks to my voice changing necklace.

"Please, just fix my hand," he said, "or else my hand is paralysed..." He paused, "Forever!"

I smiled, "I know that."

"What! You know that?!"

"Of course I do!"

"Then do it fast then."

"Nope!" I replied, facing my back towards him, "When you learn your lesson, then I'll fix your hand."

"What?!"