Chapter 14: A Dress Again?

I glanced back at him.

“Now,” he started, “don’t give that look, as though I’m your enemy or something.” He smiled, “We’re still, friends right?”

I seriously want to give him a punch or something, but my hands are tied together and my mouth was tied by a black fabric. I gave him a sweeter look just to make him untie me and he smiled back.

“I guess talking to you like this is cruel,” he said, “I’ll untie you then.”

He reached for my mouth and untied the black fabric that was covering my mouth. “There.” He smiled again.

I shook my head and tried to smile at him.

Henry glanced at me again, “What?” he smiled, “What’s wrong?”

I looked at him, “We need to talk.” I paused, “In private.”

He smiled, “I guess you can’t do much when you’re tied up.” He glanced back at his group and nodded. They bowed to him and headed for the wooden doors behind them.

I scanned the area I was in; this place was much brighter than the one before. But where was I? The furniture was arranged formally, with bright lights that twinkled in the ceiling. I glanced over to the walls, holding up beautiful nature paintings. And pattered cupboard carved with spirals and curves of leaves and flowers.

“Where is this place?” I glanced at him.

He smiled, “You don’t remember?”

I glared at him, “What’s that suppose to mean?”

Henry smiled, “I guess you need to get changed then.”

“What?”

He stood up and clapped his hands. The same door opened and waitresses came in.

He smiled, “I want you to dress her up,” he paused and glanced at me, “for the dance.”

I rolled my eyes, “What do you want from me?” I questioned, still rubbing the glass piece with the rope.

He walked over and looked at me into the eyes, “I know that you’re still holding that glass piece to break free.” He paused, “But I used metal ropes so that you won’t cut free.” He glanced behind my back, “Your hands are bleeding.”

He stood up again, “Get her ready.” He walked over to the doors and stepped out.

The waitresses bowed to him and walked over me, “Miss, when you’re ready.”

***

“Damn it!” Dean glanced over the lonely streets, “We lost them!”

Harris turned and took out his device, “I think we can still track her down.”

Dean glanced back at Harris, “You mean that thing still works?”

Harris nodded. “But we have to hurry.” He looked back at the group that was chasing them. “They’re coming again.”

The moment they were about to head for the run, Dean heard his phone rang. He paused.

“Pick it up,” Harris said, “I think it’s from Firer.”

Dean touched the screen of his phone and turned on loudspeaker.

“Morning, Harris, morning Dean.” They saw Henry on the phone. “I have you little bodyguard friend here,” he paused, “And I guess you want to know where she is.”