Chapter 15: We Found Her

Just above the stairs, a step closer to the ball room, I think, I heard music. The place I was standing was huge, even though there wasn’t much to see, the red carpet below my silver high heels was rich red, just enough to show that this place was a mansion of some kind.

I stopped, “Where are you taking me?” I stood there, staring at Henry who was dragging me.

He turned back and glanced down, “I still keep forgetting that you can be a girl.” He smiled.

I raised an eyebrow, “What’s that suppose to mean?”

He smiled again, “I’m just taking you down to the ballroom, that’s all.”

“Ballroom?”

Henry nodded, “The party is just below our feet.” He glanced down at my shoes and saw my bandaged ankle. “And we are going to dance.”

“What? Why?”

He grinned, “Because I like you,” he paused, “ever since we were kids.”

My eyes widened, “You mean...”

It was the time when I was eight; we were all sitting by the oak tree, feeling the breeze blowing into my hair. I remembered that I smiled, seeing the brothers flying the kite. We made a little clubhouse that only members were allowed. I skipped to them, “Can I have a turn?” I remembered asking them. They both smiled at me. Both Harris and Henry asked me, “Will you marry me?” I remembered them asking me at the same time. I was a kid back then, I nodded to them both.

And still now, after how those many years; I couldn’t believe that he still remembers it.

He smiled again, “I’m going to marry you.”

I glared at him, “What!”

He nodded, “You said, ‘Yes.’ Remember?

I stood there looking at him, “But that was when we were kids, Henry! That’s like eleven years ago!”

Henry smiled, “It’s good that you still remember.”

I let go of his hand, “No. Henry, that’s not what I meant.” I paused, “We were kids back then, it doesn’t mean that I’m going to marry you now–”

His eyes began to change, “Please don’t.”

I stopped, What’s this? I thought that he was always a happy boy. Even when I saw him again, in the morning, he still seems to be happy in a way. “You’re a leader of a group, Henry!” I said, “You can’t just cry because of this!”

“You mean Firer?” His eyes changed again, “That group was something that Harris left behind.”

My eyes widened, “What do you mean?”

Henry turned back and smiled at me, “I’ll tell you when we finish the party.” He held my hand again.

“No.” I stopped, “Tell me now!”

He didn’t let go and continue dragging me down the stairs. Finally he stopped. I glanced up and saw the room filled with sparkling lights. People were well dressed all nicely for the party. I glanced back at Henry and he was smiling as he looked at me. He offered his hand, and bowed down. I stared at him, “What do you want now?”

“Dance with me, just this once,” he said, “and I’ll forget the kids, thing.”

I glanced at him, Is he playing around with me? I stared at him for a longer while, his eyes twinkled blue. I remember those blue eyes when we were kids. But his eyes had surely matured. He was usually the quiet one and Harris was the outspoken. I glanced at him again, he had surely changed. But there was something that I could trust him. His words.

I decided and nodded.

He smiled as I took his hand. And slowly we walked down the red carpet stairs. People began to glance up and saw Henry as he smiled. I saw the girls gasped, be I was determined; I pretended to smile with him.

Walking down the stairs and passing people, I saw the girls’ shocked faces. If I wasn’t wrong, I saw them a few days ago, in the opening party.

“I can’t believe she changed to another boy already.” The first one said.

The second one whispered, “She’s not an ordinary girl then.”

I closed my eyes as those words came to me, Those girls never see the truth behind. They only look at the surface.

Henry walked me over to a chair, and I sat down watching the room sparkled.

“I need to do something.” He said, “I’ll be right back.”

I nodded and he left. Why didn’t I do something else other than nodding and smiling? I glanced at my fingers, seeing my nails reflect the light. They were coated by a clear layer of nail polish. I sat there looking at it, Why do girls have to wear and put these things on? I glanced down at my shoes, the high heels that I was struggling to walk with and to dance with last time. The string of silver crystals mirrored the light and shined.

Looking further down I glanced at the black bracelet. What is this for? I touched it rubbing the bracelet and trying to open it. The bracelet changed colour to a white, sparkles were made. The electric sparks didn’t seem to hurt me for some reason. I glanced at it again and saw the bracelet shined in a white colour.

I looked up, and saw the both of them. “It’s one of those bracelets.”

***

Walking to the place the party was held in, Harris and Dean opened the glass doors and saw people smiling under the glimmering lights.

“I can’t believe there is another party just like that day before.” Dean glanced over the room.

Harris scanned the room and nodded, “I know what you mean.”

Dean glanced back, “What’s that suppose to mean?”

He lowered his eyes, “Nothing.” Thinking of what he really did all these years, made him worried.

“Let’s find her.” Dean said, scanning through the room full of people, laughing and enjoying their time.

Harris nodded and headed to for the other direction searching for Taylor.

Walking pass, colourful glowing dresses, the girls giggled and winked at Dean. He smiled at them as he tightened his bow that was tied over his black suit. Taking another step closer to where the stairs was, Dean studied the lights that twinkled over him. The rich red curtains that hung around the room had also made it golden and sparkled; enlightening the music that was played within the room.

He glanced up and saw her. Sitting there by a white soft chair, she was wearing a white dress. He saw her lowering down, fidgeting with a black bracelet that surrounded her ankle. He glanced down at his bracelet by his hand and saw it changed.

Harris glanced over many people, looking for the girl of his childhood friend. Remembering her had made him smiled, but now she was not safe. He glanced down at the black bracelet, Don’t touch it, he reminded himself, or than I’ll hurt her.

He glimpsed up, noticing the smooth music ringing into his ears. That was the moment when he saw her sitting there by the stairs in a white chair. Her soft brown hair shined under the lights, seeing her touching the black bracelet she was wearing around her ankle. He felt something around his wrist, feeling it tightened, he glanced down.

The moment they both saw Taylor they felt the bracelet tightened and electricity was released to their bodies. Their eyes widened, as the current passed through them.

Dean glanced and scanned the area, he saw Harris. Harris saw Dean and they both glanced back at her.

She looked up, and saw the both of them. She gasped, “It’s one of those bracelets.”

***

So happy, I was able to write this chapter. I thought I couldn't finish it, because I didn't know what to write. But thank you to all your comments! It really helped me to continue writing! And well, hope you like this chapter remember to CV (Comment + Vote!) Thank you for reading!