Chapter 25: There's Always Something

Chapter 25: There’s Always Something

Pulling my hand he was dragging me out of ice skating centre. “Wait!” I called out, “Where are we going?”

Dean didn’t look back at me, instead he answered, “To a dress shop!”He said, which sounded like he was smiling.

“But I didn’t agree on wearing anything for you!”

He glanced back at me and smiled, “I know.”

“So then why are you still dragging me?”

“Because,” he stopped, “I know that you would look beautiful in one.”

I looked at him, as he was looking into my eyes. Why? I glimpsed back into his ocean blue eyes, Why do I feel this warmth somewhere deep in my heart?

We stood there on the busy streets as he looked at me and I looked at him. Moments passed as he smiled again, “Well, we should get going then.” He continued to pull me down the streets. I just relaxed and allowed him to drag me wherever he wanted. I, for some reason just smiled as I felt that warmth from my heart.

***

“Here we are!” Dean went into a dress shop.

I glanced around the shop. There were surely plenty of dresses in different colours and styles. I glanced back at Dean, “Do I have to wear a dress?”

He nodded, “I just,” he paused, “want to make you feel special on our date.”

He sounded pretty serious for a moment there. I looked at him again and smiled, “Gee, Junior,” I said, “Is this what you always do to other girls too?”

Dean looked at me and I looked back at him. I could see my own reflection in his blue eyes. I saw his lips moving, ready to say ‘No.’ But I just I glanced away and said, “Well, I’m not going to wear one.” With that I ended my sentence and started to head for the door.

“Rosy!” He sighed, trying to pull me back.

I stopped and looked at him, “No, I won’t wear a dress.” I glanced back at him, “Can’t I just pick my own clothes, like normal people?”

Dean shook his head, “Nope!”

“Hi! May I help you?” A retailer walked over to us.

“No, thank you.” I replied, automatically. But Dean smiled and dragged me in, “Yes, please.” He started, “Could you find a dress that fits her, preferring the colour pink?”

“Junior, what do you not understand the word no?”I argued back at Dean, “And you know I hate the colour pink.”

He grinned at me, “Too girly for you?”

The retailer girl smiled and then looked at me. For a while I thought she looked familiar, but it couldn’t be. My old friend should still be in France. The retailer girl stared at me closely as though she was confused herself. Her eyes widened, “Is that you Rosanna?” She asked.

I glanced back at the girl and smiled, “Chloe?”

She nodded, “It is you!” She quickly grabbed me and gave a huge and tight hug.

I was about to suffocate from her squeeze, but instead of using my practical moves on her, I just patted on her shoulder and smiled weakly. Chloe finally released me and smiled, “So, how are you?”

I smiled, “I’m dying.”

Her face suddenly changed, “You’re joking right?”

I shook my head, “No,” I answered, “I really meant it.”