➳ Chapter 64 - Wedding

*Months later*

[Cayden's POV]

It was finally the day of the wedding. I stood as my Dad's best man.

The wedding was arranged here in California at a nearby botanical springs.

I was my dad's best man, so I watched while a tailor helped him getting fitted into his suit, Jinxx helping Johnnie adjust his messy tie for him... or at least trying...

"Quit fidgeting," Jinxx scolded.

"It bothers," Johnnie whined, moving around like a little kid getting his first haircut.

"Take it easy, Jinxx, you're gonna end up strangling the poor kid," Ashley laughed.

"Here, let me help," I said, going ahead while Jinxx was then called to check something outside.

I losely tied Johnnie's tie before pulling it up gently ao it wouldn't bother him.

"There. Better?" I asked as I adjusted his jacket.

"Much. Thanks," He smiled as I leaned in and kissed him.

Soon Jinxx came back just as the tailor finished with my dad.

"Hey, there's some people we don't exactly recognize out there," Jinxx said.

"Names?" CC asked.

Martha and Xavier Bates," he said.

"Oh, they're supposed to be the witnesses, they can come in," CC nodded and then Alice also walked in, Josie in her arms wearing her little white dress.

"Someone wanted either her daddy or her big brother," Alice smiled.

Josie then squealed and waved her hand towards me.

I laughed and walked over, taking her in my arms as she started to play with my ears.

"Hey, baby sis," I smiled. "You being fussy again?"

Josie just cooed and clung to my neck, everyone laughing as the door opened.

"Cayden," Mrs. Bates smiled as she spotted me, dressed elegantly as usual.

"Mrs. Bates, Mr. Bates," I smiled as Mrs. Bates hugged me.

"You sure have grown, my boy," Mr. Bates said, patting my back.

"Its good to see you again," I smiled.

"Its good to see you, too. And I believe this beautiful little flower is Josie," Mrs. Bates smiled, softly stroking Josie's head as Josie looked up at them curiously.

"Yep. She's pretty hyper," I said.

"Congratulations, son, both with your children and your marriage," Mr. Bates said as he shook hands with Dad.

"Thank you, sir. And again, thank you for doing this," Dad smiled.

"Its nothing. So long as Cayden and this little one here here is happy," Mr. Bates smiled, patting my back.

"You," Mrs. Bates said, pointing at Johnnie. "You must be Johnnie. Cayden has told us a lot about you in his last visit back home."

"I-Its nice to finally get to meet you both," Johnnie said shyly.

"Nice to meet you, too. Now, of course, we don't come empty handed," Mr. Bates said, and that's when I realized he held a bottle in his hand, decorated with a white ribbon. "The same champagne my wife and I had on our wedding day."

"Wow... This is the good kind, huh?" Dad asked.

"Exported from Paris, has a sweet raspberry flavor you and your bride are sure to enjoy," Mr. Bates said.