➳ Chapter 44 - Brave

Hey guys! Sapph here! So, I got an idea for something, but I'm still trying to plan some stuff, but I will say that it MAY involve changing the title of this story. I'll post something later once I got everything resolved.

Stay tuned! ♡

~~~~~~

[Hannah's POV]

"Where did Cayden go?" CC asked as I sat by his side.

"When the machines flatlined, Johnnie had a serious panic attack," I said, making sure he was tucked in and comfortable. "Even though he wanted to stay with you, he wouldn't stop worrying about him so we convinced him to go check on him while I stayed with you. He should be back soon. Everyone else is either with him or getting you some food."

"Oh, okay. Poor Johnnie, though," CC frowned. "He had a rough childhood, can't imagine what he went through."

After the chaos had calmed down, CC was examined and moved to a regular room, where they had to give him some pain medication that made him a little sleepy. Cayden had gone with Ashley and Nikki to check on Johnnie.

Andy, Jake, Inna and Juliet stayed and were fast asleep nearby, (Though I'm surprised how loud Andy can snore... And they all say Jake is a loud sleeper, yet he's quiet).

Everyone else decided to go home to rest and visit early tomorrow.

"Johnnie's strong. I'm sure he's okay," I assured, gripping his hand. "Just like you are."

He smiled and pulled me closer and kissed my lips. I happily kissed back.

We then pulled back as he held my face, looking lost in thought as he stared at me.

"What?" I giggled.

"I love you," He said. "You know that right?"

I blushed and smiled. "Of course I do. I love you, too, Ceeses."

"When can I tell him about the baby? What if I can't? I'm so nervous..." I thought to myself.

He chuckled and then pulled me closer for another kiss when the door opened and Cayden, Johnnie, Nikki and Ashley walked in.

"Dad," Cayden sighed with relief as he stumbled over. I got up and helped him sit where I was as he hugged his father.

"Its so good to see you're okay, Cayden," CC said as he hugged his son.

"You, too, Dad," he said, sniffling a little.

CC smiled and rubbed his back a little before turning to Johnnie. "You okay now, Johnnie?" He asked.

He nodded shyly "I'm okay... Sorry for worrying everyone," he mumbled.

"Don't feel bad, sweetie. We all got scared, and its only natural for someone like you to panic like that," I said, the kissed his forehead. "You were really tough, and we're all proud."

"Besides, you were pretty brave during everything else, all just for Cayden," Ashley said, ruffling Johnnie's hair.

Johnnie just blushed as Cayden reached over and held his hand.

"Oh, and Hannah, I talked to a nurse. You can come for a check up if you want," Ashley said.

"Yeah, good idea," I nodded, grabbing my bag.

"Wait, check up?" CC asked, tilting his head to the side.

Cayden gave me a concerned look. "Are you sick, Hannah?"

I gulped quietly but smiled. "Just something for my migraines. Nothing serious, I promise," I said, leaning down and kissing CC's cheek, then hugging Cayden. "I'll be back soon."

They hesitated, but still smiled and nodded as Johnnie claimed a seat next to them and I follow Nikki and Ashley out.

"You should tell them, now that CC is okay," Nikki said.

"First make sure the baby is okay. She broke down really hard, almost as bad as Johnnie," Ashley said. "Are you okay? No pain or anything?"

Since I told Ashley about the pregnancy, him, Johnnie, and Jinxx and the girls have been pretty protective of me, mostly the boys.

They always make sure I eat well, sleep enough, that I'm okay and all. When CC flatlined, I stressed a bit too much and there was some pain, but no staining or anything. I told Alice and I'm guessing she alerted Ashley to asked a nurse for an ultrasound.

"I'm okay. No pain or anything, but I do want to make sure everything is okay," I nodded.

He nodded as we continued to walk.

Will CC be happy about this?

~~~~~

Kind of a filler, but it's something.

Let me know what you guys think so far. :)

♡~ sapphire.