➳ Chapter 29 - Coming Out

[Cayden's POV]

"So, you feel positive about this?" Ashley told me as he fixed up his Harley.

Its been days since Johnnie and I got together and I'm a bit nervous to tell my dad, so I told Ashley and asked what I should do.

I nodded. "Yeah, I am."

"Alright, well, you have nothing to worry about. Your old man is a very accepting guy, and respects anyone who's gay, lesbian, trans, you name it," Ashley said. "All of us are."

"Really?" I asked. "So, he won't get mad or send me back to the foster home?"

"Absolutely not! You don't have to be scared and nobody is sending you back to that place. You're like my nephew, I'm not letting you back over there even if CC, damn him to hell if he does, tried to," he said. "Neither will Andy, Jake, or Jinxx."

I sighed with relief. "Thanks, Ash. Or, I guess, Uncle Ash."

He chuckled, turning back to his bike. "No problem."

I watched as he grabbed a tire iron and screwed in the last bolt to to tires. "There. Good as new. Last time I leave her in the tool shed of my yard."

"Sorry someone slashed the tires last night. I'd be pissed, too, if my bike got vandalized."

"You ride?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I had to leave it back home. Johnnie's mom has is along with some other stuff," I shrugged.

"Well, if you want, I can call his mom to go pick it up and have it bought here.

I smiled. "That sounds good. Thanks."

"Anytime," He said.

***

I walked into the living room and saw as my dad watched some television.

"Uhh, hey Dad?" I asked.

He looked up curiously. "What's up?" he smiled, muting the television.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure, come here," he said, patting a seat next to him.

I sat down as he turned to face me. "So, whats up?"

"Well... Lately I've been having feelings for someone, and, umm... we got together," I said nervously.

"Well, congrats," he smiled. "So what seems to be the

"Thanks, and the thing is..... Its a guy," I said nervously.

His eyes widen. "A guy? So..."

I nodded. "Yeah?"

He seemed a little surprised as he nodded in understanding. "I'm gonna guess its Johnnie?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it was at my birthday dinner, when he walked from the table," I said. "The morning after we made it official."

He nodded in understanding. "I figured. You seemed so close to him, but I didn't want to assume anything yet until, you know, I was positive. I considered since you two have known each other practically since birth," he said.

I nodded, understanding. Johnnie and I have known each other since forever, so I understand where he's coming from.

"So, you're not mad?" I asked nervously.

He scrunched his eyebrows together. "Why would I be mad? I mean, my son is gay. So what? I'm not gonna disown him just because he plays for the same team," he said.

I sighed with relief and smiled. "That's good to hear."

He smiled and hugged me. "You're my kid, I could never hate you for loving someone, especially after I just got to know about you and stuff," he said.

"Thanks, Dad," I smiled.

"Anytime. And if you want, you can invite Johnnie over for dinner. I've been practicing a bit more," he said. "But I suggest you save a number for pizza later just in case."

I laughed and nodded. "Sure, I'll call him."

He nodded as I got up, and went to call Johnnie.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked.

"Hey, I told him," I said. "He's not mad."

"See? I told you. He could never hate you," he said, sounding happy

"He said I can invite you to dinner," I said.

"Sure. I'll ask Bryan to give me a ride, and I'll be there in a few minutes," he said.

"Okay, see you then," I smiled.

We hung up and it didn't take long for him to arrive.

I opened the door and Johnnie immediately pounced on me, hugging me. I laughed and hugged him back as I closed the door.

"Hi," He smiled

"Hey," I said as I put him down, tilting his head up and kissing his lips.

We pulled back before turning and Callie tackling him to greet him.

"AAHHH!! Down, Callie!!" He squealed as Dad rushed over to pull Callie off and we helped him up.

"You good?" he asked as we pulled Johnnie to his feet.

"Hehe, yeah. I keep forgetting that Callie greets people too well," he said.

"That's true," Dad laughed. "Now, I'm gonna make this quick, since I have to say it, being the parent and all. I'm happy for you both, but I will beat the crap out of you if you break my kid's heart. Deal?"

Johnnie nodded quickly. "Yes, sir. I could never hurt him,"Johnnie smiled.

I smiled and hugged him.

"Awesome. Now, who's hungry?" he said. "I made steak and I made spaghetti."

We all ate and had a good time.

I let Johnnie sleepover and we were curled up in bed when he looked up at me.

"Cayden," He mumbled.

"Yeah?" I asked.

He leaned up and pecked my lips.

"I love you," he said shyly, but still smiled.

I smiled, too. "I love you, too," I said.

He smiled as we curled up and fell asleep, Callie snuggled between us on top of the comforter by our legs.

~~~~~

Picture: Cayden ♡