➳ Chapter 18 - Positive

[CC's POV]

"Alright, here's home," I said once we made it to my apartment.

I unlocked and opened the door and all of a sudden a black mass of fur tackled Cayden down to the ground.

I looked and saw as Callie was excitedly licking his face.

"Hehe, uhhh, okay, its nice to meet you, too," he chuckled.

"Fuck. Callie, down, girl," I said, pulling her off, then helping Cayden up.

"Alright, well, there's really not much, but it's home. I'll let you get settled first so I can show you around

I smiled as he went and played with Callie and Buddah, looking around the place and checking out the drum kit in the corner as I noticed the mail on the counter. I went over and checked it out.

Bill. Bill. Ads. Coupons. Bill. Hey...

Golden County Clinic Paternity Office

Its the DNA results.

"Hey, Cayden," I said, walking to the living room as he watched some Netflix with Callie.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Its the DNA results," I said, holding up the envelope.

He looked at me a bit nervously as Callie's ears perked up.

"Oh," he said.

"Okay, look," I said, sitting dow next to him. "Whatever it says here, whatever happens, I'm not letting you go. I'm taking care of you now. Its the least I can do for your mother now."

He gave a small smile and nodded. "Okay."

I took a deep breath and nodded, ripping the envelope open, and pulling out the paper to read it.

Mother's name: Montez, Josefina Vivian (Status: Deceased)

Child's name: Mora, Cayden Vincent

Alleged Father's Name: Mora, Christian Robert

It continued with some stuff I didn't understand until I read the Conclusion part.

Conclusion

Based on the genetic results recieved from the samples of the alleged father and child, Christian Robert Mora cannot be excluded as the biological father of Cayden Vincent Mora. It is confirmed that there is a 99.9% that Christian Robert Mora is the biological father of Cayden Vincent Mora. ......

I bit my lip and sighed, lowering the paper as I looked at Cayden... My son....

"Well.... What does it say?" he asked. "You are my dad, right?"

I looked him in the eye and nodded. "You're my son."

He looked and me and nodded.

"Come here," I said, motioning at him torwards me.

He moved closer to me and I put my arm on his shoulders.

"I promise, I'm gonna make up for those years I should have been there. Not just for you, but for your mom. She didn't deserve to die like that... And you didn't deserve to go through all of that," I said.

He gulped and nodded, giving me a smile smile. "Okay."

"And if you want, I can help you stay in touch with your friends, too," I said.

He nodded. "Thanks... Dad..."

I smiled, feeling a little warm inside when he called me that.

Still can't believe it... I'm a father... I have a son...

"Alright, now, let's get you settled in your new room and then order that pizza," I said.

He smiled big and nodded as we got up.

Josefina, I promise, I'm going to do whatever it takes to give him a great life. Its the least I can do for you.

~~~~~

Picture: Callie

Leave some comments, please! Let me know what you think so far. :3