➳ Chapter 45 - You Did Not Fail Her

[CC's POV]

It didn't take too long until I was finally home. 

The fans were relieved to hear that we were all okay, aside from the two casualties. I sadly missed the funeral due to my condition, but everyone made sure Jace and Ian were given good funerals and funds were made to help support their families.

Cayden needed a surgery for his foot involving some rods for his ankle bones, but recovered fine and was on a heavy boot cast thing until he was able to walk properly. Its a pain in the ass, but he doesn't need crutches anymore, so he's not complaining.

Right now, he went to rest upstairs with Johnnie while Hannah helped me rest on the couch. She's beginning to worry me lately. She's all pale and I think she got a bad flu from the hospital. She's been throwing up a bit much lately.

"There," she smiled as she helped me sit down. "Let me get you something to drink."

"Hang on," I spoke, stopping her. "I'm fine, but you should really rest, baby... You've looked pretty sick lately, and I'm scared you got a flu or something from that hospital."

She gulped and pursed her lips.

"Hannah? What's really going on?" I asked, pulling her closer to sit down next to me.

She took a deep breath, hesitating before she spoke. "Its not a flu..."

I scrunched my eyebrows and watched as she walked over to her bag, and pulled out a small little envelope sleeve.

"I found out while you were gone... But the accident kept me from telling you," she said, sitting next to me.

"You're scaring me... What was that check up from a while ago really about? Hannah, what's going on?!" I asked, now scared.

She gulped and pulled out a piece of paper from the envelope and handed it to me.

I take it and look at it realizing it was a photo... An ultrasound photo... With a small figure in the middle.

"I'm pregnant, Christian," she said shyly.

I looked closely and realized the shape of the figure in the middle and looked at her in shock.

"R-Really?" I asked, still surprised as I kept looking from her to the picture.

"I found out a while ago before the accident... Ashley, Johnnie, Jinxx and the girls knew, and I wanted to tell you and Cayden when you got home," she mumbled, tears falling down her cheek. "I was so scared I would have never gotten the chance to tell either of you..."

"My god," I mumbled in amazement as I looked at the picture and then back at her.

"Are you angry?" She asked, scared as she wiped away her tears.

"Babe, why would I be mad?" I smiled, reaching over to hold her hand. "I'm actually really excited and happy about this, I can't believe it."

Hannah looked relieved and smiled at me as I pulled her with my arm closer, kissing her lips, then placing my hand on her stomach, and realized it did feel a little bulgy.

"You know... I missed out on one of my kids growing up" I frowned. "But I don't want to miss out on this."

"At least Cayden turned out to be a good kid," She smiled, holding my hand. "His mother was a good woman."

I then remembered what I saw after I flat-lined.

"I saw her..." I confessed.

Hannah scrunched her eyebrows together. "What do you mean?"

"When I... you know, "died,"..... I saw Cayden's mom," I said. "I saw Josefina."

Hannah's eyes widen. "Really?"

I nodded. "She wanted to protect me and Cayden... Wanted us to be happy," I said. "Even if it meant that we couldn't be together."

"But protect from what exactly?" Hannah asked curiously.

I sighed. "Being held back.... Pretty sure it was mostly her parents," I frowned. "They were harsh... Abusive even..."

Hannah's eyes widen in shock. "She was abused?"

I nodded. "I even remember once when looking for her, I asked them... God, they were awful..." I mumbled, remembering how my search for Josefina began.

*flashback*

I sighed as I knocked on the door of Josefina's house.

All you ever hear when you stand near this house is screams and crying, as well as furniture breaking and people yelling.

The door swung open and the smell of marijuana and liquor hits me like a wall.

Josefina's mother answers the door, definitely not looking sober.

"N-No, we don't have a minute to hear about some Jesus asshole!" she slurred.

Jeez, might as well give her an IV full of rum.

"Umm, miss? I'm Christian Mora, I live down the street?" I asked.

"Well what do you want?" she snapped.

"I, uhh, just wanted to see how Josefina was doing. Is she home?" I asked.

"I don't know where the stupid little slut is," she snapped.

I frowned. "What?"

"Took off in the middle of the night yesterday by the looks of it," she said, lighting up a joint. "She's long gone."

Josefina... Left?

"And eitherway, who the hell are you to care over a spineless freak like her?" She snapped.

I frowned, having enough of this. How could a mother say such things.

"I'm her boyfriend," I lied. "And I'm gonna find her and make sure she's alright, unlike the deadbeat piece of shit parents you are."

"Oh, cry me a river and go fuck off. You'll never find her," she snapped.

"I know I'll find something to lead me to her," I sneered before storming off.

*end of flashback*

"It angers me everyday, knowing she was right... I was never able to find Josefina, even with joining BVB," I sighed. "I just gave up after I realized I looked everywhere... I failed her..."

"You did not fail her, Christian," Hannah said. "You looked for her everywhere, you didn't give up on her for so long... You cared for her even if you were miles apart, and I am sure that is something she will never forget."

I looked down and sighed.

"And you did end up finding something," Hannah frowned, holding my hand. "You found Cayden... That's as close to Josefina as you can ever be. He's both you and her after all."

I looked up at her and smiled. "I guess so."

"You may not have been there for Cayden his whole life, but he still loves you just as much as you love him," she said. 

I smiled as I leaned in and kissed her softly. "What did I ever do to deserve someone as amazing as you?"

Hannah blushed and smiled as she leaned against my shoulder gently.

"I wonder how we're gonna tell Cayden," CC frowned. "I mean... What if he feel upset?"

"We'll tell him together..." Hannah said. "I'm sure he'll be happy."

I smiled as I leaned my head against her's and held her hand.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you, too," she said.

~~~~~

How do you think Cayden will react?

New chapter coming soon!

♡~ sapphire.