➳ Chapter 63 - Future

[Cayden's POV]

"God, I'm tired," Johnnie sighed as he laid back on my bed.

Everyone left after the homecoming party and me Johnnie was sleeping over, along with Shannon and Alex in the spare guest room and studio room with Inna and Jake who offered to stay over a couple of day to help us out with Josie and make aure nobody gets too exhausted from getting up multiple times.

I smiled and pulled my tshirt off before walking over to my bed and climbing over him and kissing his lips passionately.

He chuckled and kissed me back. "What's this for?"

"Do I really need a reason to kiss my boyfriend?" I smirked.

"No," he bashfully smiled. "But still, say it."

"Well, three reasons," I smirked, laying down next to him and pulling him close. "One, I love you."

He smiled. "I love you, too."

I smiled. "Two... I'm sorry," I said.

He scrunched his eyebrows. "Why?"

"Well, I've been focusing on Josie and my dad and Hannah a lot, I haven't been paying a lot of attention to you," I frowned. "Aside from when that old hag threatened you and Alex."

"Hey, its okay, babe," Johnnie smiled. "You just became a big brother, of course you're gonna be busy. I'm not super needy and clingy... unless I'm cuddling with you."

I couldn't help but giggle and kiss his nose, making him blush.

"And what's number three?" he asked, looking up at me.

"Number three," I said. "I love you."

He smiled as he leaned in and we kissed, and that's when we hear crying coming from the nursery.

"Crud," I said.

"Come on, let's go see what she needs," Johnnie said as he got up.

I pulled on an old tshirt and we both went on ahead, finding Josie crying in the crib, fidgeting a lot.

"Aww, what's wrong, baby sis?" I cooed as I scooped her up and held her. She stopped crying but still whimpered and clung to me.

"Maybe she's hungry," Johnnie spoke.

"Well, i mean, Hannah breastfed her after everyone left, and she had like two bottles before that," I said. "Doubt she's hungry after that, unless she's a bottomless pit like my dad."

"You're one, too," Johnnie laughed as Josie calmed down a bit, Johnnie resting his head on my shoulder as we admired Josie.

"Hey... I know its super early and all for us," Johnnie asked. "But do you ever think about... you know... being a family?"

I looked down at Johnnie. "You want kids?"

"Well, not yet since we're young, but in the future it would be nice to have some," He shrugged.

Cayden smiled. "I would... But I figured marriage first then family talk."

"You wanna get married?" he asked, surprised.

"Well, yeah, but not just yet. We'll get there, won't we?" I smiled. "I love you that much, Johnnie. Enough to have a future with you."

He blushed and smiled, leaning up to kiss me. "I love you that much, too."

We both smiled at each other before Josie cooed at us and we saw her smiling a little weirdly.

"Why is she making that face?" Johnnie asked.

I scrunched my eyebrows before I remembered that face from the hospital.

"That's the face of someone who left us an interesting present in her diaper," I said, Johnnie's eyes widening in shock.

"Oh boy...." He said. "I think I even caught a whiff of it."

That's when my Dad walked in.

"Hey, I thought I heard her crying, is everything okay?" he asked.

Johnnie and I looked at each other before back at my dad.

"Totally fine," I said, Johnnie and I smiing innocently as we walked over. "She wants her dad."

"She even said 'dada' and here you are," Johnnie smiled.

"She's barely two weeks old, how could she have said 'dada' without teeth?" Dad said as he scooped up Josie in his arms, looking at us with his brows scrunched.

Johnnie and I were quiet before speaking.

"We're gonna go to bed, so good night baby sis," I said, holding Josie's hand and then patting my dad on his shoulder. "G'night dad."

"G'night Mr. CC!!" Johnnie said as we hurried out the room.

[CC's POV]

"Weird," I said as Johnnie and Cayden rushed out the nursery.

I then saw Josie smiling weirdly at me.

"What's that goofy smile for, Little Chu-" I smiled before stopping mid-sentence as I suddenly smelled something weird.

I then realized where the smell came from after I smelled Josie's diaper.

"OH MY-!!" I shouted, drawing my head back. "God!!! So much stink in such a little person!!"

That's when I realized why Cayden and Johnnie took off like that.

"Those little assholes," I mumbled as I looked worriedly at Josie, who stared back at me while sucking on her fist.

"Someone should have really given me a baby manual," he said, then gulped.

"Guess I'm going in," I said, scared for my life as I took her to the changing table.

***

After somehow surviving that and putting Josie to sleep, I crawled back into bed and hugged Hannah.

She murmured a bit before waking up. "Hmm... Everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," I said. "But the boys are definitely on diaper duty from now on."

"No," she mumbled. "That is all for you."

I whined as I yawned and then fell asleep.

~~~~~

So, will probably give this two more chapters before an epilogue.

Sound good?

🎶Currently on Sapph's Playlist:

Duke Dumont "Ocean Drive"

♡~ sapphire.