➳ Chapter 24 - Surprises

[Cayden's POV]

"Hey, Cayden," I hear a voice whisper as I slept.

I suddenly feel someone lick my nose and my eyes shot up to meet with Callie's as she then attacked my face with kisses.

I laughed as I tried to push her away, and then I saw Dad laughing.

"Happy birthday, bud," Dad smiled as he leaned down and hugged me.

"Thanks, Dad," I smiled as I hugged him back.

"Look, I um, I wanted to tell you something," He said.

I looked up at him as Callie jumped up on my lap.

"Its your first birthday with me, and I know I can never make up for all those years I was never there, but I want you to know that I'm going to try and make these next years special, not just for you but for your mom," He said. "She would want you to be happy."

I gave a sad smile and nodded.

"Its okay, Dad. But thanks," I said.

He smiled as we pulled each other into a hug.

"Alright, now, let's get dressed. The guys have a surprise for you at Bryan's house," he said.

I nodded and got out of bed as my dad and Callie left and I got showered and dressed.

Soon we left and drove to to Bryan's house.

Dad, Jake and Ashley has plans to take everyone out to dinner at Pink Taco tonight.

Soon we arrived and headed up the steps, Dad knocking on the door.

Bryan answered and smiled.

"What's up, birth boy?" he greeted as we hugged.

"Cayden!" I heard Johnnie cheer and caught him in a hug, laughing.

"Happy birthday!" he laughed.

"Hehe, thanks, Johnnie," I laughed and puthim down as he smiled up at me.

"You'll never believe the surprise your Uncle Ashley helped Bryan with," he said, taking my hand and pulling me inside.

"Haha, what is it?" I laughed as we entered the living room.

Ashley was there with Andy and some other people.

That's when I spotted the familiar patch of red hair.

"Surprise!" Alex giggled.

"Alex?!" I exclaimed with excitement as I ran up to hug her.

She laughed and hugs me. "Happy birthday, Cayden!"

"God, it's so good to see you again," I said.

"You, too. And I bought some people," she smiled, and motioned to some people.

One guy looked almost a bit like Johnnie, but was a bit taller and had lighter hair, and wore a beanie.

The girl had half her hair green and the other half black, was a bit short, and basically looked like a Ghost Town girl.

The other guy was a little bit tall, but not like the first guy. His hair was blue, had PokeBall plugs in his ears, and wore a dark red beanie.

"These are some friends. Kyle, Shannon, and Damon. You've met Damon, though," Alex said.

"I think I have. Nice to meet you all," I greeted.

"No problem, happy birthday," Damon greeted.

Shannon then randomly tackled me into a hug.

I laughed when she pulled back.

"Hehe, sorry, I'm a huge BVB fan," she laughed.

"Mind our little fan girl," Damon chuckled.

"Ashley, Bryan, thanks so much for this," I said.

"Its no problem," Bryan said.

"Happy birthday, kiddo," Ash smiled.

I smiled as my Dad pat my back and Andy, Dad and Bryan went to make breakfast while me, Johnnie, and everyone else sat to catch up and talk.

Johnne was oddly quiet, looking at his fumbling hands.

"You okay, Johnnie?" I asked.

He looked up. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just woke up pretty early to pick up Alex and the others," he said, then yawned.

"Aw," I laughed, putting my arm around him. "Just rest up here, then."

He gave a small shy smile and leaned against my side. "Thanks," he yawned.

I smiled and patted his back.

"Oh, I forgot, we bought you presents! Shannon, come help me out?" Alex asked.

"Sure, be right back," Shannon said as they left.

[Alex's POV]

Shannon and I hurried into our guest room and she excitedly jumped around.

"You were so right!" she said.

"I told you! They are so cute together, and Johnnie really likes him, he's just too scared to tell him," I said.

"How do we get them together though?" she asked.

"Tonight we're all eating out at one of Ashley's favorite restaurants. We can see what happens tonight, and if not...." I said.

"We take matters into our own hands," she said.

"Yes," I smiled as we high fived.

"But they would make a really cute couple," she said.

"Agreed," I smiled.

~~~~~~~

Picture:
Damon Fizzy (@damonfizzy), Alex Dorame (@piercethealex),
Shannon Taylor (@heythereimshannon),
and
Kyle David Hall (@kyledavidhall)

FEEDBACK!! ^.^=