➳ Chapter 60 - I Love You

[CC's POV]

Josie cooed happily at me as I held her in my arms. She was restless, so I decided to take care of that for Hannah.

I'm just so glad Josie is safe and unharmed.

After the incident, we were moved to another room for our safety.

Johnnie was in shock from being at  gun point earlier, and same in Alex's case. She was really shook up so Tyler and Shannon took her home to calm down, same with Jordan who only got a bumped head from being pushed against the wall.

Johnnie stayed with Cayden, who refused to let him leave his side. They were now sleeping on the sofa chair, Johnnie asleep in Cayden's arms as they both slept. My parents were also here and asleep in cots nearby.

Hannah had calmed down a bit as well, but was still shook up. Her father threatened her and Josie, and he was about to slap her when Jeff tackled him from behind and Ashley pinned him down after a punch.

I smiled as Josie then yawned and I grabbed her binkie from her bassinet and let her suck on it as she started to doze off.

Hannah then whimpered softly in her sleep before she woke up with a gasp, sitting up a bit.

I gently put Josie in her bassinet and rushed to Hannah's side as she sighed and rubbed her eyes and sat up some more as I hugged her.

"It's okay, it's okay," I murmur. "Its just a bad dream."

She took some deep breaths before leaning against me. "At least its all over..."

I nodded as we looked over at Cayden and Johnnie.

"I can't imagine what would have happened if the cop didn't see," She said. "I feel terrible..."

"What happened to Johnnie and Alex is not your fault, Hannah. Tyler's plan was brilliant," I said. "Thing is, nobody here expected your mom to appear like that."

She sighed and rubbed her temples.

"Look," I said, tilting her head up. "Its over. They can't hurt anyone anymore. We're safe and we can be happy for as long as we live."

She looked up in smile. "Yeah... Yeah, you're right," She nodded, taking a deep breath. "I should just... Take it easy now, enjoy time with you and the kids now... Wow, I'm already sounding like a mom."

I couldn't help but laugh and hug her, kissing her cheek.

"Yeah, its a good idea," I smiled, reaching into my pocket. "Or.... We can go on a honeymoon?"

Her eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "Honeymoon? What are you talking abo-?"

I smiled as I then held the box open in front of her and her hand immediately covered her open mouth as her eyes widen in surprised as she stared at the ring.

"I love you, Hannah," I said. "I love you so much and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you by my side, as my wife."

She looked up at me in shock.

"Hannah Ramirez, will you marry me?" I asked.

Tears brimmed her eyes as he hand moved to her chest and she smiled, nodding.

"Yes," she smiled, laughing. "Yes, Christian, let's do it, let's get married."

I laughed as she jumped a bit into my arms and we shared a passionate kiss.

We then pulled back and I slid the ring on her finger as she leaned up for another kiss.

"I love you, baby," I smiled as I held her.

"I love you, too," She smiled as we kissed again, then curled up ro get some sleep.

~~~~~

Yes, I wrote an engagement scene. 💍💕

Also been obsessing over this song lately:

Any H.I.M. fans out there?

Might be putting a current song obsession at the end of every chapter in my stories. Thoughts? (Fair warning, my music taste is as jumbled and mixed as a fruit salad and might even surprise some of you).

Let me know what you guys think so far!! :)

♡~ sapphire.