➳ Chapter 31 - Morning Cuddles

[CC's POV]

The next morning I pulled up to the MDE hour a little late to pick up Cayden.

I climbed up the steps and knocked on the door, and Bryan answered.

"Hey, CC, what's up?" he greeted me.

"Hey Bryan, just here for Cayden," I said.

"Him and Johnnie are still asleep, but I just made coffee if you want some," Bryan said, motioning me in.

I shrugged. "Sure. Coffee sounds alright."

I walked in as Bryan told me I can settle down at the dining table outside the kitchen.

I entered the living room and saw a mess of comforters there, and among that were Shannon and Alex, curled up in each other's arms, fast asleep.

My eyes widen, but of course I didn't want to jump to any conclusions. They're good friends, afterall.

But.... They would make a cute couple like Johnnie and Cayden do.

"Its been so obvious lately," Bryan said as he walked in, placing two coffee mugs on the table as I turned and walked over.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. They've been pretty close lately. Both didn't always have easy lives growing up, so they could use each other's comfort," Bryan said.

I looked back and nodded. "They'll make a cute couple," I smiled. "Just like Johnnie and Cayden."

"Speaking of which," Bryan motioned for the door and there stood a sleepy Cayden, with a sleepy Johnnie clung to him.

"Good morning, Dad," he mumbled.

"Morning, Cay," I smiled. "Morning, Johnnie."

"Morning, Mr. CC," Johnnie yawned as he leaned against Cayden.

I chuckled as Bryan went to get them food and they sat down, Johnnie looking over at where Alex and Shannon were.

"I knew it," he chuckled, as Cayden looked over and laughed.

"Someone should wake them up to eat before its too late," he said as Johnnie then got up to do that.

"So how was last night?" I asked him as Bryan brought the food and Cayden started to eat.

"It was okay," Cayden said. "How was recording yesterday?"

"So far so good. We'll need to fix drums and other stuff, but its pretty good so far," I said. "Hey, you know, we need a few background vocals for a few songs. Maybe you, Johnnie, and any other of you guys can help out with a few songs."

"Wait, you mean..... a few MDE members in a BVB album?!" Johnnie said in surprise.

"Yeah. Andy and our record producer thought it was a good idea. Being in charge of these dudes, Bryan, it all falls in your jurisdiction," I smiled. "John will call you later to talk about it."

"I'll talk to him then," Bryan nodded as Johnnie quickly woke Shannon and Alex up.

"Shan! Alex! Wake up!" Johnnie said excitedly as Alex shot up, Shannon's arm still wrapped around her face.

"Hmmum, no more marshmallows, Niall the Unicorn," She mumbled as she woke up.

"Wait, what?" Johnnie said as we all looked at her weird.

She was then wide awake and looked embarrased.

"You heard nothing," she said hiding her face as Shannon woke up, rubbing her face.

"What's going on?" she asked, as her and Alex realized the position they were in, and backed up, blushing furiously as we all laughed a little.

Umm, by the way, Dad.... Can we talk later of you can?" Cayden asked as everyone got up to get their food.

I scrunched my eyebrows and nodded, knowing by his town it must be important.

"Yeah, sure," I said. "Eat up, we'll leave once you're washed up and ready."

He nodded and kept eating as I sipped my coffee.

~~~~~~~

Picture: Shannon Taylor & Alex Dorame

Some Shalex for you all :3

♡~ sapphire.