➳ Chapter 10 - Telling the Guys

[Cayden's POV]

After the paper work and stuff, we left and there was a guy standing outside who walked over.

He looked at me curiously, tilting his head.

"Well, he does look like you a bit," he said.

I gulped and pulled my gaze down to my feet.

"This is Ashley. Ashley, this is Cayden," CC.... or, Dad, I guess... said.

"Hey," I said, not really making eye contact.

Ash stood there awkwardly as he looked at me.

"Hey, come on. You can meet the rest of the band at Andy's house," CC said, breaking the tension.

I nodded as I grabbed my bag, but he still took it for me, and we walked to his car. I climbed in back, putting in my earphones and listening to A7X at full blast.

[CC's POV]

"Wait, so, his mom just died like that?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah, I guess so. Look, I didn't tell the guys so back me up when we get to Chris and Amy's place," I said.

He sighed and nodded. "Yeah, sure, no problem," he said, looking back as Cayden stared out the window. "Poor kid, though, just losing him mom just like that. In a way, I can relate, but nobody to turn to?"

"Well, I'm most positive he's mine, so he has me now. And if he isn't, I'm not leaving him eitherway," I said.

He nodded. "That's good, CC," he nodded.

***

"You can leave your stuff in the car," I said to him.

He nodded and pulled his hood up, stuffing his iPod in his pocket.

We walked up the pathway of the Biersack house, Ash knocking on the door.

It opened and Andy stood there. "Took you guys long enough. What...." he then noticed Cayden standing next to me, not making any eye contact.

"Who's this?" Andy asked curiously.

"This is Cayden. I'll explain inside," I said.

Andy hesitated a bit, but then nodded and motioned us in, and we all followed into the living room, everyone laughing and talking and then saw us walk in.

"CC, Ashley, where....?" she stopped as everyone was now looking at Cayden.

He looked down uncomfortably, shuffling behind me.

"Hey, its okay, their friends," I told him.

He looked up at me, biting his lip nervously and nodding.

"Hey, CC, who's this?" Jake asked as everyone walked over.

"You're all gonna want to sit down for this one," Ashley said.

Everyone looked at each other as they sat down, me and Ash standing on either side of Cayden, who was still pretty shy.

"Okay, so everyone, this is Cayden," Ashley said.

Cayden looked up a bit and nervously waved.

"Cayden is... my son..."