Chapter 31: Why Now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up wrapped in Luke's arms as he softly snored. I smiled and looked at him, suddenly I heard a loud crash downstairs and Luke woke up. "what was that?" he asked. 

"I dunno, let's go find out," I said getting out of bed. We walked down the hall and I slowly slid my claws out. 

We stopped a few feet before the stairs hearing the noise come from the kitchen. "look upstairs for them Rachael," I heard someone say. 

"shit. Luke were under attack. Rachael was the killer of my old pack. the twins," I said and my eyes started to water. 

"Hey, sh calm down sweetie. Just stay close to me," he said and we heard someone come up the stairs. 

"Rachael, please don't do this." I said as she looked at me. 

"Sky? What are you doing here?" She whispered walking toward me. 

"I live here," I said. 

her eyes got wide "I'm supposed to kill you," she said slowly. 

"Is anybody upstairs Rachael?" Somebody called up the stairs. 

"all clear," she said. 

"listen, I'm gunna help you guys out of here. Sky," she looked at me. 

"you look less, pregnant." I looked down. 

"I need to get to the twins," I said still teary eyed. 

She nodded and I walked toward the window. I opened it and flew out making sure not to be seen. I quickly managed to fly to Lesley's house to where the twins were. 

I burst through the front door to find a trail of blood leading down the hallway. I crept slowly down to see a body laying on the floor. 

"Sky!" Lesley yelled down the hallway. 

I sprinted to him "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" he said obviously upset. 

I got a lump in my throat "why are you sorry?" I asked with the tears stinging at my eyes. 

"they killed Cody," he said quietly. 

I sprinted to where Sophia was and she was holding Delilah. "I'm so sorry Sky," she said looking dazed. 

"where was he kil-" I stopped mid sentence. 

she pointed to behind me, I turned around to see his little lifeless body lying of the floor. 

I slowly walked over and picked him up "my little baby boy," I sobbed holding him one last time in my arms. 

"Who did this!" I yelled as more tears streamed down my face. 

"Melissa, she thought the twins were mine. she got away," he said looking down. 

I sprinted out of the house and turned into a wolf, my eyes still stinging with tears. I found Luke trying to fight off three wolves at once and pounced on one. 

I clawed up its back and tore out its throat. Luke pounced on another one, biting its rib cage till he heard a satisfying snap. It howled in pain as he ripped off its head. I attacked the third one but this one fought back. 

'ha! you're so pathetic Sky! I have no idea why we used to be best friends' her voice appeared in my head. 

'Melissa! you bitch' I snarled 'you killed my son!' I screamed back and attacked her. 

She was surprised at my strength but fought back. She clawed my side then Luke bit her throat and her body went limp. 

I sprinted and helped the pack fight; there were about twenty five more pack attackers. I saw some being burned from the shadow creatures power.