Chapter 21: Why Her

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Luke's pov*

Thomas waded down the hallway. "I let him drift in his own direction while I hunted for some souls. After awhile I felt a strong soul emerge into the undead world, so I followed the radiant path. That's when I discovered him laying in the dirt. Lifeless, not moving, cold as stone." He said looking down.

"Who did this to him?" Sky asked crouching next to Allen. 

"That fucking ex of yours, Ben." I said turning angry again and raising my voice. 

She got scared and took a step back. I calmed down a bit by her actions. My shoulders slumped down and I sat on the couch. We sat quietly for at least 5 minutes. 

"Is there anything the doctor could do?" Sky asked still scared and breaking the silence. 

"The doctor can help you make him like Thomas!" I said peering at Thomas as the idea poured from my mouth. I looked to him for a small glimmer of hope and he appeared deep in thought. 

"It's risky but it's possible." Thomas said. 

I grabbed his body and rushed out of the house, flying to the doctors. Thomas was already there with the doctor by the time I had arrived. 

I rushed into a room where I sprawled his limp body on the table. The doctor hurried through the doors, pulling bottles off the shelf and pouring some amount of each into a container. 

"Stand the body up!" Thomas demanded "we need his shadow!" He said fixing the light so his shadow was visible.

 The doctor came over, stirring the contents of the container. "Luke I need Thomas to hold him up. If this gets on your shadow you're screwed." He demanded and let Thomas take over. 

The doctor dumped the contents on Allen's shadow, the shadow began to twitch oddly. it jerked and thrashed in odd directions as his lifeless body stayed still. Suddenly it became 3 dimensional and started looking like Allen. 

The silent room was flushed with the sound of a pain-filled scream. I peered from Thomas to Allen and he was screaming. 

Then it stopped, and Allen was laying on the ground. His chest heaved up and down as he gasped for breath, realizing he was alive again. Within a second his eyes fluttered open. "Am I Dead?" He asked looking around. 

"Half way dead," Thomas replied. 

"I remember everything!" Allen shouted getting angry. "How am I alive? He killed me." He asked calming down slightly. 

"You're like me now, a shadow creature." Thomas replied disappearing into a shadow on the wall.

I left the room wanting them to talk more, then I remembered I ran out on Sky. I walked outside and flew home, arriving within seconds. 

I felt awkward, like something bad had happened. It seemed like I hadn't been home all day. I looked at the door and there were claw marks on it. It was also tore off of the top hinge. 

I ran inside and looked around, horrified as to what I saw. Broken windows, smashed furniture, holes in the wall, then I saw little drops of blood on the living room carpet. I frantically pulled out my phone and dialed Thomas. 

"Get to the fucking house now-wait where the fuck is Sky?" I said as he answered then hung up. 

"Sky!" I called, frantically searching for her. 

I checked the kitchen, the living room, then our bedroom. I only discovered small patches of fur and blood in each room. I left the room and walked down the hall.