Chapter 5: The Fair

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at Melissa and she looked shocked. "He wasn't supposed to tell you that!" She said.

"Why not?" I asked now extremely pissed off. "Was I not supposted to know? Oh yeah I wasent because I didn't know for 17 years!" I said mad.

When I get mad or frustrated I pull my hair back into a ponytail to get it out of my face so I can think.

That was a very bad choice because Melissa saw the mark he left on my neck. "Where did that come from?" She asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Umm, Ben." I whispered.

She looked at me with wide eyes. "Is this a mark?" She asked. I shrugged. "We have to get it checked out by the pack doctor." She said.

She stood up to leave and I grabbed her arm. "Mel we can't. I mean, I don't know if word will get around the me and Ben," I stopped.

I think she knew where I was going with this. "Sky it's ok. If it bothers you this much I'll just have my dad look at it." I nodded and she led me into the house.

Her dad was working in his office as we walked inside. He looked up and the expression on his face proved that he was busy. "She knows dad." She said and he just looked at me.

He knew what she was talking about too. "But I have a question." She said.

"And your question is?" He asked.

"Sky has a spot on her neck and we were wondering if it was a mark." She said.

He motioned for me to go over to him and he examined the mark. "No it's not considered a mark because there was no teeth involved." He said after examining it and I heard Melissa sigh in relief.

"Where did that come from?" He asked.

"Uh no where" I said and me and Melissa hurried out of the office and upstairs to her room.

We walked into her room and sat down. A smile appeared on her face. "So he told you then?" She said.

"I told you all of what he told me so yeah." I said as her face dropped.

"Nevermind." She said. I was really curious.

"Hey so do you maybe wanna go to the fair?" She asked.

"Umm let me think. Yes!" I replied almost immediately as we got ready to go and got into my car.

Once we got to the fair we were naming off all the rides we wanted to go on and all the games we wanted to play.

We headed in and went towards the fairs wheel. We got on and I looked at Melissa unsure. "Mel I'm afraid of heights." I admitted as I held on for dear life.

"Just don't think of how high up we are. Just think of all the fun were going to have today." She said.

The wheel started moving and I was nervous at first, but once we reached the top and I could see everything.

The slight breeze felt nice and I do have to admit it was fun. We got off the ride and went to the games.

We got to this one game and there was a pretty cute guy there. He smiled at me and winked. He won a prize and turned around.

"Hi my names Brent. What's yours?" He said. I could tell that there was a red patch on my face.

"Um my names Sky." I said.

"Well Sky, this is for you." He said smiling and handing me a teddy bear he had won.

"Wow um. Thanks." I said giggling.

We exchanged numbers and we went our separate ways. "Ohh your blushing." Melissa said smiling.

I just smiled and hid my face in embarrassment.

We decided to go back to my car and head home. It was about 6 when I dropped her off and headed home.

I went to my house and headed inside. My mom was sitting at her desk. I made sure my hair was covering my neck so she wouldn't get suspicious if she saw the hickey.

"Where have you been lately?" She asked.

"Me and Melissa decided to just hang out for a few days." I said.

"Oh well did you have fun?" She asked.

"Yeah we went to the fair." I said smiling.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Yes honey?" She said.

"Why didn't you tell me that I'm the only human in the family." I asked.

All the color drained from her face. "How did you find out?" She asked.

"Mom it doesn't matter. I'm just curious I'm not mad." I said. She sighed with relief.

"Well we didn't want you to feel left out." She said.

"I understand mom." I said.

I went upstairs and flopped down on my bed. Today was a long day.

I got a message from Brent.

Brent:

Hello :)

Me:

Hi:)

Brent:

What's up buttercup? ;)

Me:

Nothin much :)

Brent:

So I was wondering if you wanted to grab some coffee sometime?

Me:

Sure. :) sounds fun!

Brent:

How about Friday at noon? Sound all good?

Me:

Sounds perfect! See ya there ;)

I couldn't help but smile at this. I had a date for friday, but sadly today was only Wednesday.

I had a day and a half to think it over. I went to bed happy and had a good dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~