.23 part 2

Cameron.

I drank too much. My head is spinning. I can't even keep my eyes open. I made a huge mistake, I don't even want to be alive to see grace wake up.

As soon as she does I know I'm going to have to tell her I kissed effy. Her best friend.

It was a drunken mistake, but even then I still had control over my actions. Barely, though.

I was sitting down outside on the concrete of the hospital.

"Hey there cammy bad ass."

The voice sounded too much like graces. I opened my eyes quickly and looked around. I shook my head and stood up getting ready to take a walk.

Even though it was pitch black outside, it didn't take long for me to notice the mini park not too far from the hospital. I sat on the swing set and rested my head on my hands.

"Cheer up." I heard again.

I picked my head up and looked to my right to see grace. Sitting on the swing moving back and forth slowly. She was looking ahead back at the hospital as an ambulances lights were lighting up the place.

"You're not real," I whispered and rolled my eyes. The is just my imagination playing tricks on me.

"Tell the people in your life you love them, consistently. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for everyone," she whispered.

"So you're telling me tomorrow isn't guaranteed for you?" I asked her as my heart felt like it was breaking each time I looked at her, knowing it wasn't real.

She slowly nodded her head with a frown.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I stood up taking out a cigarette from my pocket, and sitting back down on the swing.

'Grace.' reached her hand out for one and I handed her one lighting it up for her.

"I love you," I said slowly as I let my tears get the best of me. I wiped them over with my hand and took a drag out of my cigarette.

"Trust me. She loves you too." I furrowed my eye brows as I turned to see cassie in the same position that grace was in.

Cassie smiled as she took a drag out of her cigarette before stomping it on the ground. 

"Grace is awake. Let's go see her yeah?" She asked standing up and reaching her hand out for mines.

"Come on. We're just friends and you're drunk, let's go," she said chuckling as she grabbed my hand and led me to the hospital, even though I knew where it was.

My head was spinning. Grace is awake? Since when?

I was led through the hospital doors and led down a hallway.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Cassie asked as we stopped at a door I'm guessing is graces.

I slowly nodded my head not trusting my own voice. Am I ready for this?

Cassie opened the door slowly but closed it again before I could even see inside the room.

"There's something you should know before we go in," Cassie whispered.

I raised one of my eyes brows in confusion.

"What is it?"

"She can't remember," she mumbled and I shook my head as I lightly moved Cassie to the side to walk inside the room for myself.

It felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks when I saw grace for the first time in hours. Her eyes were wide, probably because she's confused.

She has stitches above her right eyebrow, and stitches on her chin. Her left leg is lifted up upwards probably because it's broken. She also has a cast on her right arm. The sight of her like this was almost bringing tears to my eyes, but I tried holding them back.

"Please go," she whispered once she laid eyes on me.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked confused. She slowly shook her head and asked me to leave again.

I turned to see effy and Nash sitting down. Nash sitting on a chair watching whats happening, and effy filling out some forms in the corner of the room.

"Can I please get some alone time? Like 20 minutes?" I asked the two of them. They looked up and nodded their heads before they excused themselves from the room leaving grace and I alone.

I brought up a chair to sit next to grace. I took this time to admire her. Even though she was badly bruised from the plane crash she still looked beautiful.

"Who are you?" she whispered looking at me. 

"I'm your boyfriend, sort of. We never officially went out after what happened between us a year ago. Anyways it's not like you will remember so it would be a waste to talk about it. Can I read you a poem I wrote?" I asked her.

"Why would you want to read me a poem?" She asked me confused.

"Poems always lighten my mood up." I smiled showing my teeth.

She slowly nodded her head and i then thought of an old poem I wrote a couple months ago.

"I consider myself a writer.
Depicted in black and white.
She looks like she should be the cover of my favorite book.
The slow, relaxed breathing,
The eyes she's hidden, behind glasses for years.
The artificial one who looks sort of real.

We weren't star-crossed, but our gazes crossed.
My identical indication on the other cheek.

We made love to the air beneath my wings,
And the entirety of the affair coughed out the best in me.
I had burned of embers a deep red glow than that of your eyes.

But you don't ever have to feel unworthy of dreams.
After all, you'll catch all those monsters and fireflies.
So why don't you just come and get to know me?"

Once I finished I opened my eyes to see her looking down at her hands as she fiddled with them.

"That was beautiful," she whispered before she closed her eyes.

-

5 votes and 5 comments for chapter 24.

I will update Monday.