.17

grace

it was weird seeing the face I never thought I would see since I left him. I wanted to just drop everything that I was doing and talk to him but I couldn't do that. I had to be professional.

"hi," he replied back shocked that I even took the courage to talk to him. I am too to be honest. 

"you wanna get a coffee in an hour? to catch up and talk?" I asked him. I was really nervous I can't even believe that I  was doing this.

a small smile was brought on his lips and it melted me into about a thousand pieces.

"yeah that would be nice... I'll see you at Starbucks right?" he replied.

I nodded my head with a smile playing on my lips. "see you there," I waved back at him before I jogged back to my photoshoot gig where I will be staying for another 30 minutes.

I wanted desperately for this to finish so I could rush home and get ready for Cameron, so I snapped as many quick pictures that I could of this cute couple.

once it was over I thanked the couple, as they handed me the money I made today from taking pictures of them. I gathered up all of my equipment, and dragged it all back to my work van.

once i was in the car with the air running I could relax a little bit more. I started the car as I opened up the envelope full of the money I gathered today from the photoshoot.

$500 dollars

i smiled as I pulled out a piece of paper from the envelope.

rated you a 10/10 because the pictures came out perfect! i will come to you for any future projects!

We get rated on how our pictures come out and the rates determine how much money we get.

10/10 is $500 dollars which is what I got today. 9/10 is $400 dollars, 8/10 is $300 dollars, 7/10 is $200 dollars, 6/10 is $100 dollars, 5/10 is $75 dollars, 4/10 is $50 dollars, 3/10 is $25 dollars, 2/10 is $15 dollars, and 1/10 is $10 dollars.

the lowest my rating got was 8/10, and I mostly get about 2 gigs a day. my next gig is at 9pm and it was only 3pm so I had enough time to catch up with Cameron.

once I arrived home I quickly got in the shower, and changed into something nice but simple. I wrapped my hair into a nice tight bun and gathered $25 dollars in my pocket book.

I ran outside because if I didn't head out now I would be late. I started my car and quickly rode down the street for Starbucks. I had to get there in 10 minutes and it's about a 5 minute drive so I had enough time.

I parked in the parking lot and saw through the glass, Cameron placing two drinks on the table and sitting down. 

I let out a breath I didn't have before I gathered everything and started walking inside. 

"Cameron," I called out. he quickly stood up and smiled once he saw me again for the second time.

I went in for a hug trusting my gut. he wrapped his arms around me as he hugged back and I have never felt more safe in my life. the feeling of his arms around me, was something that I never wanted to leave.

I pulled away because I didn't want to act like a creep and hug him for 30 minutes, even though that's what I wanted to do.

I sat down at the seat across from him and looked down at the table. I didn't know what else to say.

"so how have you been?" he started off.

"iv been doing fine, I make a fair amount of money working as a photographer so that pays up quickly for my new house that I just recently bought a month ago. how have you been doing?" I replied. I wanted to know if he was married or single so I will just casually bring it up.

"relationship wise I'm single, not divorced or anything if that's what you were wondering. on life wise iv been typing away at my computer because I was thinking about writing a book."

"I didn't know you could write."

"yeah.. I never got around to tell you," he whispered partly to himself but I could still hear him.

"Cameron I'm sorry," I spoke up. "I wish I handled the news differently when I found out about your fiancé but I was just so mad."

"grace it's okay, I understand. you shouldn't even be apologizing I should. I'm sorry I lied to you about breaking up, and you want to know the real story? I didn't even propose to her, she asked me to marry her. I was scared of her reaction if I said no so I quickly said yes."

I nodded my head not knowing what else to say.

"how's elly and Cassie?" he asked and I chuckled at what he called effy.

"it's effy. they are both doing fine though, I'm actually seeing them tonight once I finish my new project at 9."

"that's good you still are friends with them."

"I'm actually going to this dinner party tomorrow night for work. we're supposed to bring a date but I'm actually single, and I have no one to go with. do you want to come with me? you don't have to I understand if it's on short notice or you just don't want to c-"

"I would love to grace," he shut me up by saying. I bit my lip as I looked down at the table. I eventually looked up and smiled, my cheeks were probably flaming red right now but I didn't care.  

all of my feelings about Cameron were all coming up like a bubble now.

-

7  votes and 7 comments for chapter .18.

comment however many times
you want.