chapter 45

Autumn's POV

Me and Mason back late.  It's about 11:45, Christmas Eve.  All the lights in the house were off except the one in the living. I looked through that window and saw Brody laying on the couch next to the fire-place, sleeping with an open book resting on his chest.  He must've fell asleep waiting for me to come back. It was too cute.

"Go in.  I'll get the bags out." Mason instructed.

"Thanks."  I opened the front door, which was unlocked.  I walked into the living room and knelt next to Brody.  I took the book out of his hands and placed it on the coffee table. Then I gently moved his hair away from his eyes. His eyes fluttered open and his eyes landed on me.  He jumped up and hugged me.

"Autumn" He said excitedly.  "I've missed you so much."

"I told you I'd be back before Christmas"

He felt him smile and he hugged me tighter. "I'm so sorry Autumn."

"I know you are, but we're going to have a New Years Eve wedding, we're getting married, and we're  having a baby.  I couldn't be any happier Brody."

He let me go and grinned from ear to ear. "Really?  You still want to get married after everything?"

"Of course Brody.  I love you and I want us to be a family."

Brody started to tear up, but tried to hold back his tears. "I must be the luckiest man alive.  How can you forgive someone like me after everything that's happened?"

"I told you.... I love you and I always will no matter what."

"Really? No matter what?" He said in disbelief.

"Really.  I love you too much to give you up."

"That's great to know Autumn. I have to talk to you about something."

"What is it?" I asked, getting suspicious.

"It's about mine and Lucyc's baby."

"Oh." I replied, getting sad just thinking about them having a baby together.

"Lucy doesn't want the baby. But I do. I was thinking that since you two are pregnant at the same time, that maybe we could raise the babies together?" He asked.  I sat back, overwhelmed by what I just heard.  "You don't have to answer right away Autumn.  I understand it's a lot to take in.  But please understand,  it's not just Lucy's baby...it's mine too.  She was going to get rid of it, but I just couldn't let her kill our baby. "

I looked back up at him and looked deep into his eyes, which were filled with sorrow.  "Is this what you really want?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "Yes.  It is."

"Then I guess technically, we're going to have twins...right?" I said with a small smile.

Brody smiled back at me. "Thank you, Autumn.  I love you so much"  This time Brody started crying.  I leaned forward and hugged him. 

"Hey, I got you something."

"Really?"

"Yeah.  Here it is." I took his present, wrapped in Christmas themed wrapping paper and handed it to him.

"You didn't have to get me anything.  Just having you here is the best present I could ever have."

 I kissed him passionately...something I've been wanting to do for days now.  I pulled back.  "Open it."

He smiled and did as I told him.  He slowly unwrapped the gist and finally revealed a scrapbook filled with pictures of me from when I was a little girl all the way up to now...with Brody.  In a way, it was a story of my life...something Brody didn't know too much about. 

"It's amazing, Autumn.  The story of your life.." He trailed off flipping through the pages.  "There's empty pages in the back."

"Because it's not done yet.  There's more to come in my life and there'll be more pictures to put in it of you, and me, and the baby....well...babies."

"How did I end up with a great woman like you?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me.

"Fate?" I answered with a laugh.

"Mmmm...I'm tired."

"Me too." I agreed. "Let's sleep down here tonight. I don't think I can make it upstairs."

Brody slid off the couch and down next to me.  We both laid down on the floor, near the fire, and Brody wrapped a blanket around both of us. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N  Hoped you liked the Christmas chapter!! I'm not uploading tomorrow, but I will the day after that. Happy Holidays!!!!!