chapter 42

Brody's POV

I ran out the door right when Mason and Autumn drove away.  I watched them until they were out of sight.  Everyone else came outside.  "She's coming back Brody." Zac told me.

"Where's she going?" I asked, worriedly.

"I'm not sure.  She and Mason just needed to get away for a couple days.  You understand that, don't you?"

"Why didn't she tell me before she left?" I said, with tears starting to form in my eyes.

"You know why.  Autumn said that she just couldn't face you right now.  She loves you, there's no doubt about it.  She's only going away for a few days.  She'll be back before Christmas.  Brody, you have to understand what Autumn's going through.  Just give her some time and space. OK?" He explained.

I didn't answer him.  Instead I just walked back into the house, without speaking a single word to anyone. I went up to my room and got into bed, and quietly cried into my pillow.  If anyone saw me like this, they'd hold it against me forever. 

Lucy's POV

Damn it!!  Everything's falling apart.  I lost Mason and Brody's losing Autumn.  Everything's all my fault.  If I hadn't persuaded Brody to sleep with me, we wouldn't be in this mess!  Now I'm pregnant and my career is going to be over if the press finds out about this.  Not to mention that know one's going to hire me after the baby comes.  I'll gain a ton of weight and I have to stay under 100 lbs!!  I have to fix this.  I can't have this baby....it'll ruin everything...it already has!  That's it...nothing can change my mind.  I'm getting rid of it before it causes more problems.  Tomorrow. Everything will be fixed tomorrow.  I may not get Mason back, but at least Brody and Autumn will have a happy ending...together.

Autumn's POV

"Mason? Do you think we should've said something to them before we left?" I asked him.  We'd been driving for an hour now, heading towards Hollywood.  We were going to drive through the night if we had to.

"No.  I'm sure Zac explained everything to them.   I can't talk to Lucy...I'm still extremely pissed off."

"How long until we get to Hollywood?"

He shrugged. "Couple hours."

"I think I should've talked to Brody." I admitted.

Mason gave me a small smile. "You definitely love him. Call him."

"You think I should?"

"I think he'd feel better hearing from you.  I hate him right now, but I don't mind you calling him...as long as I don't have to talk to him."

"Don't worry.  I'm sure he's scared to even talk to you."  I joked, causing us both to laugh.  I got out my phone and dialed Brody's number.  The phone didn't even ring once when Brody answered.

"Autumn" He said hopefully.

"Hi Brody."

"Autumn, I'm so sorry. Please believe me. I didn't want this to happen.  I love you so much."

"I love you too Brody."  I said sweetly.  Mason coughed with disgust.  I hit Mason playfully.

"Where are you?"

"Me and Mason are on our way to Hollywood.  We just needed to get away for a few days.  I'm sorry I left without saying anything to-" I started but he cut me off.

"Don't be sorry for anything Autumn.  If anything, I should be sorry.  I'm sorry for everything and you deserve some time away.  I completely understand.  Take as long as you need Autumn.  There's no rush.  I'll be here waiting for you when you decide to come back."  He said, sounding like he had been crying.

"Brody, I want to spend Christmas with you and everyone else.  I'll be back before then.  Listen, I'll call you tomorrow ok?  I'm really exhausted and I want to get some sleep."

"Alright baby. Get some sleep.  And I promise you, I'm gonna make this Christmas the best one ever."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight Autumn."

And then I hung up the phone.  "Brody's a good guy...he has guts." Mason stated.  "I could never say those things."

"You could if you tried."

"Nah. I'm not a softy like Brody.  And plus, he loves you and he really means what he says.  I'm not in love like him."

"But you did love Lucy at some point."

"Yeah, but nothing compared to how much Brody loves you."