chapter 37

Autumn's POV

"Well Autumn, there seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with you.  Must've been something you ate earlier today." Dr. Rivera told me.

"See Brody? I'm fine and healthy, now let's go home."

"Dr. Rivera, are you sure?" He asked him.  I hate when Brody worries about me.

"Yes.  Very sure.  Nothing on her charts are out of the ordinary. But tell you what, bring her in again in...let's say ...sometime next week? Just to calm your nerves. "

"Sounds good." Brody replied.

"Whoa...Don't I get a say in this?" I asked.

"No." Brody answered.

I rolled my eyes and walked out the door, not waiting for Brody.  I heard Brody and Dr. Rivera exchange a few words and then I heard Brody's footsteps coming after me.

"Autumn, I'm just worried about you. That's all."  He stated as I continued walking to the car. 

I stopped and turned to face him. "You don't have to worry about me all the time.  I can take care of myself."  I walked up  to him and and wrapped my arms around his neck.  "I'm a big girl Brody"

He grabbed my waist an pulled me closer to him.  "I know you are Autumn.  But you'll allways be my baby."

"And what happens when we actually have a baby together?"

"Well then it'll be my baby boy or my little princess.  But you'll always stay my baby."

I smiled at him and gave him a kiss. "That's sweet Brody."

"Let's go home.  You can drive." He said dangling the keys in front of me.

"No, I think you should drive." I let go of him and go into the passengers side of the car.  "I know how much you love driving this car Brody."

He gave me that smile I adored. and got in the driver's seat. "You know something? You are the best thing that's happened to me."

I rolled my eyes. "Just drive." I chuckled.

"So, the Chief told me to take as long as I want off of work.  I have a ton a sick days left."

"Really?"

"Yep.  Which means we can go back to California for a while if you want.  My entire family is going to my parents' house for Christmas and I'm sure they'll love it if they come....I haven't been home for Christmas in 7 years."  He said going of in  a daze.

"Eyes on the road!"  I yelled just as we almost hit the car in front of us.

"Sorry."

I sighed. "I'd love to spend Christmas with your family."

"Are you sure? Lucy's going to be there with Mason."

"You said whatever went on between you two is over. Right?  Then,  I think it'll be ok." I paused.  "Does Mason know?"

"Know what?"

"About you and Lucy?"

"I honestly don't know, Autumn."

I nodded my head and looked out the window.

"So we'll go the day after your doctor's appointment"  Brody stated.

I groaned.  "Brody I'm fine. I don't need to go back."

"Just do it, for me?"

"Fine."

"Thank you.  How about I take you out for some ice cream since you were such a good girl today?"

I gave him the 'don't treat me like a little girl' look.

"I'm kidding! But I want ice cream so we're going to get ice cream."

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

A/N  short chapter.  Not feeling well today and can't really think :(