chapter 39

"Autumn, are you ready?  Our flight leaves in 3 hours." Brody called form the living room. 

"Ughh!!" I groaned, struggling to closed my suitcase.

"Here." Brody said coming into the room.  He closed my suitcase like it was nothing.  "Done." He stated and picked up my suitcase and carried it out. 

"How..." I trailed off, amazed that he actually got my suitcase closed.

"Coming?" He asked.

I sighed and followed him out to the car.  I got in while he put our bags in the back.

3 hours later...

We were finally on the plane...Brody got us first class tickets, which I didn't mind.  It was a lot more roomy then economy.   Me and Zac played snakes and ladders the entire time while Brody slept.  We also had a few interesting conversations...one of them about which bear in Goldy Locks was the cutest and the rest being about the baby.   Zac was more than willing to baby-sit whenever after the baby comes. It surprised me how much he loves kids.  You couldn't tell that by just looking at him.

6 hours later...

We're finally at his parents house! Yes! I missed them so much. And I've missed this warm weather.  I guess I should take off my coat. I look silly wearing this in 70 degree weather.  We enter their house and were immediately greeted with hugs and kisses.

"Autumn, how are you? We've missed you dearly." Lily greeted me.

"I'm fine. I've missed you all too.  I've been dying to come back."

"Oh good!  Listen, we have an eventful week planned. Speaking of planning, have you two set a wedding date yet?"

"Mom." Brody whined.

"What? You're engaged...it's time to start planning." Lily replied happily.

"We're still young Mom...especially Autumn."

"Age doesn't matter....and besides, Autumn has legal rights now that she's emancipated right?"

"Yes, but..."Brody started.

"But what?  Listen, we could have the wedding right here...it's big enough for everyone to attend. All you have to do is pick a date and we'll start planning.  I mean, you'll be here until a day after New Year's right?  We could get a lot done in that time."

Me and Brody both looked at eachother.  "We'll talk it over, Mom.  We just got here and the trip here was a bit tiring"

"Alright sweety.  Talk it over and let us know when you've picked a date."

"Will do Mom.  Come on Autumn, let's go unpack." He instructed me.

"Dinner's at 6.  We're having steak."  Lily called up to us.

"Alright Mom. See you at 6."  Brody led me into one of the rooms...the same one we stayed in last time and he plopped down on the bed and sighed.  "I'm sorry about my Mom.  She's just excited is all."

"It's fine Brody.  I didn't mind."

"But we do need to pick a date or else she'll keep bothering us until we do."

"Hmm...When do you want to get married?" I asked, laying down next to him.  He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him.

"It's up to you." He said kissing my forehead.

"I think we should get married before the baby comes." I finally said.

"Definitely.  That's probably the best time to get married.  What about New Years?"

"What about it?"

"Let's get married on New Year's Eve." 

"Really? But that's less than 3 weeks away." I said.

"Mom can pull it off. All you have to do is look pretty...which won't be hard for you...and say I do."

"Hmmm...I think that's a great idea....I won't look like a pregnant bride." I chuckled.

"Nope...which is why I suggested New Years."

I slapped him playfully. "Shut up.  It's your fault I got pregnant."

"It takes two to tango baby.  Therefore it's both our faults."

"But who forgot protection?"

"Shut up and kiss me." He said in a husky voice.  I giggled and soon we were into a hot make-out session.