chapter 19

Autumn's POV

"Alright.  His 2 hours are almost up.  Give the girl the phone."  The man named Snake commanded Squid.  Snake had arrived an hour ago.  He told me that if Brody makes the right decision, they won't hurt me.  But if he made the wrong decision, I'd be Snake's hostage and slave forever.  I would rather he kill me, but this guy is just plain crazy.

Squid came over and handed me a cell phone, which I couldn't take since my hands were tied behind my back. "Here." He said motioning me to take it.

I looked at him like he was crazy...well, he was crazy, so...yeah.  Then I looked at Snake giving him the 'is he for real?' look.  "Untie her! I swear, you get stupider everyday."  Snake yelled.

Squid untied my hands and took the duct tape, that they replaced with the handkerchief a while ago, off me.  I cried in pain when he literally ripped off the duct tape from my mouth. "What the hell?!"

"What do you expect? We ain't sugar and lollipops." Squid said laughing. 

"Dial Brody's number. Now!, but don't press send until I tell you." He instructed me. "When he answers I'll give you 2 minutes to talk to him.  Then I'll take it from there.  And whatever you do, do not tell him where you are."

"How can I?!  I don't know where we are in the first place!" I exclaimed.

"Just dial the number." Snake yelled at me.  I did, while crying.  Snake put up his finger, meaning for me to wait to press send. He looked at his watch and was counting down silently.  "Now." 

I pressed send, and it started ringing.  Brody answered on the second ring.  "Snake, she better be alright!" Brody yelled into the phone.

"Brody!" I said crying.

"Autumn? Are you alright? Where are you? Tell me he didn't hurt you!"

"I-I'm fine."  I said stuttering, not finding the courage to break through my tears.

"Where are you?"

"I..." I started, but Snake signaled for Monkey to do something.  Monkey took out a knife and ran over to me, holding it against my neck, threatening to slit my throat. "Ahh!!!" I screamed the minute he put the knife to my throat.

"What's going on?  What are they doing to you?!" Brody asked worriedly.

"I TOLD YOU I DON"T KNOW WHERE YOU TOOK ME!!!" I screamed at Snake. 

He came over and slapped me across the face. I whimpered in pain. "For all I know, you could be lying!"

"SNAKE! LET HER GO!!!!!" Brody screamed.

"I will, if you choose wisely." He said to Brody. "And you...Autumn. Pretty name for a pretty girl." He said seductively, lifting my chin up, forcing me to look at him. "I have plans for you.  You have less than a minute to talk to lover boy."

"Brody!! Help! Please!" I cried.

"I will Autumn. I promise. Snake, if you lay one finger on her, I'll KILL YOU!!"

"Too late for that Brody.  Your 2 minutes are up." Snake took the phone from my hands.  "So Brody, what's your decision? Are you gonna give me what I want, or are you gonna let me keep the girl?"

"There has to be something else you want Snake.  Zac doesn't want to come back." Brody stated.  Zac? What does he have to do with this?

"I want my best member back, Brody.  You took him away from the gang...I didn't appreciate that.  You can either have Zac or pretty girl Autumn.  Your choice. That is...unless YOU want to take Zac's place. I'd be glad to welcome back my partner in crime...the person who helped me start the gang."

Brody was in the gang? And Zac too? Is this what Brody didn't want me to know? I can't believe it!  He was in  a gang, but now he's a cop...ironic isn't  it?

I heard Brody sigh and then finally speak his answer. "I'll come back.  But you promise, never to involve Autumn or Zac in any of this again."

"Hmmmm...I don't know...Autumn caught my eye.  And that wasn't the deal Brody. I said if ZAC comes back, I'd let Autumn go. I never said I'd let her go if YOU come back."

"SNAKE!!! THIS ISN'TT FUNNY!!! I'm a freakin' cop now!! I can throw you in jail!!!"

"Brody's a cop now? Who would've thought." Bull dog stated, laughing.

"Oh, Brody.  It's not meant to be funny. It's life." Snake said.  "But I'll take pity on you.  I'll let Autumn go, if you and Zac come back...you can watch over Zac and I'll get what I want.  OR you can come back to the gang without Zac, but you'll be near your beloved Autumn.  Which one will it be?"

"Zac's never coming back, so leave him alone forever.  I'll come back.  I'll take Zac's place. I'll do anything to be with Autumn." Brody said emotionally.

"You've changed so much over the years, but I respect your decision Brody...or should I say, Blade.  Come to the abandoned warehouse on Maple Street. We'll head back home from there."  And with that said, Snake hung up the phone and looked at me. He came over and looked me in the eyes, and seemed a little to close to me.  "Well Autumn, looks like you're staying.  I get to do what I've been planning." And then he leaned in and kissed me hard.  I refused to kiss him back.  I pushed him off me and he fell back. "Don't like that?  Well I've got something better planned for later."

Brody's POV

"Yes!"  Zac shouted in excitement, giving me a high-five. "He fell into out trap!"

"Now, I just have to save Autumn."

"How are you gonna do that, man?"

"I'll pretend I'm back on their side.  Me and Autumn will escape when they're least suspecting it and then we'll all move to Florida or Texas...we'll move to another country if we have to!  The gang is in our pasts and they're not gonna be in our future, no matter what it takes."