chapter 36

Autumn's POV

It's been 3 days since Brody revealed our relationship.  AND apparently he's not my legal guardian...I was emancipated...meaning that I'm my own guardian.  He also paid that social worker to stay away from me.  At first I was mad at him, but I'm glad that he's not actually my guardian...it makes our relationship less complicated.  I just wish he'd told me sooner.   But I forgave him.

Right now we're cuddled up on the couch with eachother, watching a movie...Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1.  I saw in the movies theaters, but Harry Potter never gets old.

"Hey Autumn?" Brody said, stroking my hair while I laid against his chest.

"Hm?"

"I want you to have something."

I looked up at him. He was smiling.  "What?" I asked.

He motioned for me to get up. I did and he took my hand and led me outside.  We got into the elevator and he pushed the Lobby button. 

"Brody" I whined. "Where are we going."

"You'll see.  I promise you're gonna like it."

The elevator finally got to the lobby and Brody led me outside into the parking lot. "Wait." He stopped and turned to me. "Close your eyes."

I gave him a questioning look.

"Trust me."

I closed my eyes and he led me a few more steps.

"Ok. Open your eyes in 3...2...1..open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and there was his silver Honda Civic 2 -door Coupe. I widened my eyes in shock. I looked at Brody.  "You're giving me your car?!"

"Yep.  I think you deserve it after everything you've been through.  And Zac told me it's your dream car...well almost.  It's not black, but you could always have it repainted. And the car's just like new.  After the accident, I had it fixed.  But I couldn't bring myself to drive it.  I thought, what's the point of having this car if I can't drive it.  So I figured it should go to someone special.  Someone who's connected to the car. Someone like you.  I know you'll take good care of my baby."

"Your baby?"

"Yes.  I love this car.  You better not ruin it like Zac did."

I smiled at him and jumped to hug him. "Thank you Brody."

"You deserve it Autumn.  So want to take it out for a test drive?" He asked.

"YES!!!..." I paused, starting to get nauseous. "But maybe later."

"Why?"

I covered my mouth, starting to feel my lunch coming up. I ran over to the closest garbage can and threw up.  Brody came over and held my hair back.  After a couple of minutes, I finished throwing up my lunch. 

"Are you alright now?" Brody asked me with concern.

I nodded my head yes, and wiped my mouth.

"Come one. Let's get you to a doctor."

"No Brody. I'm fine. Really.  I think it was just something I ate." I assured him.

"I don't care.  You're going to a doctor.  I don't want to take any chances."

"Brody you know I hate doctors."

"I know that, but I hate seeing you suffer.  Come on.  I'll call the doctor on the way there.  Get in."  He said opening the door of his Honda Civic.

"You're driving?"

"Of course. I don't want you passing out at the wheel."

"You're driving your Honda Civic." I stated.

He got a look of realization in his eyes and he stared at the car for a good 5 minutes. "I have to get over this fear.  I'm driving."

We both got in and he called the doctor's office, while driving.  Of course he was a nervous wreck behind the wheel of this car, but soon he was over it and had that youthful childish smile on his face.  I could tell that he missed driving this car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N  I've decided to continue the story.  I have such great fans and you all motivate me to continue writing my stories. Thank you all so much for your support! It means so much to me!!!!