chapter 41

Mason's POV

How could Lucy do this?!?!!?!?!?!  I mean, I could handle her self-obsessive ways and such, but I can't handle her sleeping around with her brother!  There's no way in hell I'll ever forgive her.  That goes for Brody too.  How could he do that to Autumn.  She's such a sweet innocent girl who's also having his baby! This is messed up.  Two women are pregnant at the same time with his children! And on top of that, one of them's his adopted sister!  And the other's only 16!  You can't get more messed up than that.  But I honestly though Lucy loved me! Was our whole relationship a lie too? You know what?! I don't even care! I'm leaving.  I can't stay here....I can't stay with Lucy.  When I get back to Connecticut, I'm going straight to my lawyers and filing for divorce.  No matter how much she begs and pleads, I can't forgive her.  I'm heading back tonight.  I'll get a plane ticket when I get to the airport.  I need pack my things a.s.a.p.  Ughh...mine and Lucy's room is right next to Brody's...how could I not see this! They're rooms are right next to each-other...obviously something was going on! 

As I was walking past HIS room, I heard some crying.  Autumn?  I decided to go in and see.  I knocked on the door, making Autumn jump.  "Autumn? Are you alright?" I asked in a aring voice.  No matter how angry I was right mow, Autumn didn't deserve to hear my anger...she was a victim in this as well.

She wiped away her tears and put a fake smile on her face.  "Yeah. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?  I mean, I'm happy for you and Lucy.  You're going to be a father. Congratulations."  She quite obviously failed at trying to sound happy.

"Autumn, you and I, and everyone else, all know the baby's not mine.  And I know you knew that they slept together." I chuckled a little.  "You missed the entire thing.  I knew from the very moment Lucy said she was pregnant, that the baby wasn't mine and you obviously knew too since you ran out crying.  Brody confessed and I lashed out at both of them."  I took a deep breath.  "I'm leaving Lucy."

"What?" She asked, shocked.

"Yeah...I can't forgive her for this.  Maybe you can forgive Brody, but...this is more than I can handle. Lucy said it was all her idea and Brody just agreed to do it.  In my mind, he's just as much to blame." 

She looked down sadly.  "I never really forgave him, Mason.  I just thought that it was a one time thing and he'd never do it again...that's what he said and I believed him...I still believe him. I just can't forgive him for that.  Of course I trust him and still love him, but..." She trailed off.

"I understand, Autumn.  It hurts.  That's  why I'm leaving Lucy.  I can't trust her...I know she'd do it again if she could and I'm actually really tired of her being selfish and spoiled.  Hmm...I guess I have more reason to leave her than I thought."

"Will I ever see you again?" She asked hopefully.

"Of course you will kiddo.  I'll come visit you...and you." I answered patting her stomach.

"You know?" She asked.

"Everyone knows...Brody kinda had to after...you know."

"Right."  She said, with hurt in her voice.  "Its weird...me and Lucy are pregnant at the same time with Brody's baby.  That's just not right." She said, shaking her head.

I hugged her to comfort her.  Then I got an idea. "Hey. How about we go on a California road trip for a couple days...just to clear our minds and think about things.  I need to get away from here, and by the sounds of things, you do too.  It'll just be a few days...I'll bring you back here the day before Christmas.  We'll have a ton of fun..just the two of us. We'll go see Hollywood, go to some beaches..." I trailed off.