chapter 26

Brody's POV

I woke up to the morning sun.  It was peaceful, the only sounds were of birds singing.  I looked at the clock.  It was only 8:30 am.  I dared not to move, for fear of waking up Autumn.  She deserved some sleep, after all, she had a pretty eventful night.  I looked at her...the only movement was her chest moving up and down while she breathed.  Her bare body cuddled up against me, with my arms wrapped around her, lovingly.  She shifted a little, and then her eyes fluttered open. She smiled at the sight of me.

"Good morning." I sung.

"Morning." she replied in a sleepy voice.

"Sleep well?" I asked.

"Very."

"So what did you think of last night?" I asked while she nuzzled her head against my chest.

"It was fun. Your family's really nice."

I chuckled. "I meant after the party."

"Oh.  That was fun too."  She replied, starting to drift back to sleep.

"Are you still tired?"

"Mhm." She nodded her head.

I smiled at her cuteness.  ";Go back to sleep for a little while";  I told her while gently stroking her hair. 

Soon after, I drifted back to sleep as well.

I jumped at the sound of someone knocking at the door, and fell off the bed, almost bringing Autumn down with me, but luckily I caught her before she fell.  Her eyes widened, giving me the 'what the hell?' look.

Someone knocked on the door again, and both our heads turned towards the door.  "Who is it?"  I asked loud enough for them t hear me through the door.

"It's Mom."

"Uuhhhh...Just a minute." I called back."  I looked at Autumn. "Go in the bathroom and hurry."  I whispered.  She quickly jumped off the bed and ran into the bathroom. "Wait.  Take your clothes with you" I said gathering her clothes off the floor, while she his her naked body behind the door.  I ran over and gave them to her, and gave her a kiss.

"Is everything alright?" Mom asked through the door.

"Yeah. I'll be right there." I called back.  "Autumn, quick, hand me a towel."  She did and I wrapped the towel around my waist.  I pushed past Autumn an into the bathroom, turned on the sink and splashed some water on my face and my hair.  Then ran back out, while Autumn closed the bathroom door,  and raced to unlock the door for my mom.  I opened the door.  "What's up Mom?"

"Were you in the shower?"

"Yeah, but I'm finished now, so what do you need?" I asked eager for her to leave.

"I just wanted to tell you that lunch will be ready in 10 minutes."

"Alright. I'll be down soon."

She smiled and started to walk away but stopped and turned around.  "Oh, and I can't find Autumn. She's not in her room."

"Oh ummm..." I rubbed the back of the neck, thinking. "Maybe she went for a walk"  I said, making it seem like I just realized where she was, even though it wasn't the truth.   Mom nodded her head, but then looked at me up and down.  "Mom, that's a little bit creepy." I told her, starting to back into my room.

Mom raised an eyebrow.  "You weren't in the shower were you."

"O-of course I was."  I said starting to stutter.