chapter 23

We were back in the van again.  I didn't tell Brody about my dream.  He'd probably think I was crazy. However, I felt much better knowing my baby was in a better place with my family.  But still, I was still upset.  My baby wouldn't have been dead if it wasn't for Snake kicking me repeatedly.

I fell asleep, cuddled next to Brody, who never let me go. I must've been asleep longer than I thought because when Brody woke me up, we were already in California.

"We're there already?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah sweety. You were asleep for a LONG time." Brody said.

"Alright. Everybody out of the van."  Monkey commanded.  We all got out and they led us into a run down house.  Snake brought me, Brody and Zac into a bedroom. It  was plain grey with no windows. There were 3 beds, a mirror, and a connected bathroom. 

"Stay here and don't try any funny stuff." Snake warned . then walked out and locked the door from the outside.

"We're gonna get out of here Autumn."   Zac stated.

"We have a plan." Brody added.

"What plan?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it.  Just know, we're gonna get out of here." Brody said.

The the door unlclocked and Monkey, Bull Dog, and Squid came in and grabbed Zac and Brody. Then Snake came in and walked towards me.  I wwas sitting on the bed furthest away from the door.  He pushed me back and pinned me to the bed.  I struggled to get away, but failed.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" Brody shouted.

Snake grinned evily. "This is your punishment Brody. And this is only the beginning of the plans I have for you Autumn."

"What are you gonna do?" I asked cautiously.

"The same thing that happened to you on Halloween...over and over again, and people will pay to do it."

I started to cry again.  I've been crying a lot these days...but you can't blame me. 

"DON'T YOU DARE!!" Brody warned, trying to get out of Swuid's grasp.

Snake glanced over at him. "I'm gonna enjoy watching you squirm while you watch poor old Autumn suffer."  Snake looked back at me and started trying to tear my clothes off. I kicked and punched him and swatted his hands away.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!!" Zac yelled.

"SHE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!!!" Brody yelled after.

"SNAKE!!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!!" Zac threatened.

Brody's face was turning bright red with anger.  He finally found enough strength and pushed Squid and Monkey away. Zac did the same with Bull Dog. They both beat them up and pulled Snake off of me and onto the floor.  The out of nowhere, Zac and Brody pulled guns out and pointed them at the group.

"Guns? Who let them bring guns?!" Snake asked angrily. No one answered. "No matter.  I have one too!" He pulled out a gun from his pocket and pointed it at me.

"PUT THE GUN DOWN!" Brody commanded in his police officer voice.

"Ooooooo I'm so scared of the big bad cop." Snake said sarcastically.

"I promise I'll shoot you if you don't put the gun down....and you know I always keep my promise." Brody said to snake.

"Go ahead.  You girlfriend will be dead before you pull the trig-"Snake eyes widened just as I heard a loud gunshot.  Snake fell back, eyes still open, bu lifeless.  Blood ran down from where his heart was.  Bull Dog, Squid, and Monkey all stared in shock.

"Anyone else want to be with Snake?" Zac asked.  They all shook their heads.  "Good. Now tell no one I killed him because if you do, you'll be dead in a heartbeat. Got it?"

They all nodded their heads.  "But they''ll trace the gun back to you Zac."

"It's Snake's gun." He stated. "If anybody asks, tell them some crazed killer shot Snake with his own gun."

They all nodded. "Now get out of here!" Brody commanded.  They all ran out and Brody ran back to me.  I cried even more at the sight of Snake's body.  "Come on. Let get out of here and go home." 

I nodded my head and tried to stand up, but the metallic, bloody smell made me feel like I was going to faint.  I couldn't stand on my own two feet, so Brody carried me bridal style out of the house. He put me back down on my feet when we were in the fresh clean air.

"How are we gonna get back?" Zac asked Brody.

"We're gonna have to either rent a car or take the bus."

"But we have no money."

"Yes we do." Brody said taking a wad of cash out of his shoe. "In fact, we have enough to buy 3 plane tickets"  he said with a wide smile.

"Let's do it." Zac agreed.

"Now all we have to do is get a ride to the airport."

"You parents don't live too far from here Brody. I recognize this place.  THis is Snake's old hideout. Your parent's house is only a 20 minute walk from here."  Zac said.

"No." Brody replied a little too quickly. "I haven't seen or talked to them since we left 6 years ago.  They probably disowned me by now."

"Your their son.  They could never do that to you."

"Wait...Brody, when we were at your sister's house you seemed to be a close to them." I stated, confused.

"Lucy doesn't know I haven't spoken to them in 6 years or that I moved to New York to get away from the gang...she doesn't even know I was even in the gang.  I couldn't tell her...it was for her safety. She's my baby sister...I couldn't let anything happen to her or risk that she get involved too.  And I made my parents promise they would never tell her, right before I left. What she doesn't know won't hurt."  Brody explained.

I nodded, understandingly.  "But now you can make ammends with your parents.  I'm sure they'll be proud of you for making the right decision."

Brody looked at me lovingly.  "They're the best people in the world...at least that's what I remember.  But what if they don't recognize me? What if they're still mad at me? I left the day they found out I was part of the gang and I brought Trent and Zac with me to have a better life.  My parents were'nt proud of me then and they probably won't be now."

"You'll never know if you don't try.  And they will recognize you.  Who could forget their own son?"  I asked.

Brody smiled. "Alright.  We'll go. Zac, lead the way. I've forgotten the streets in this town."

Zac came over and patted him on the back. "Let's go."