chapter 9

Brody's sister, Lucy, was the nicest person ever.  She had long straight blonde hair, unlike Brody, and was model material.  Actually, she is a model.  She travels all over the world.  She was even on the cover of Playboy.  Her husband, Mason, was just as sweet as her.  He was also a model. He had the 6-pack abs, like Brody, and tan.  They were millionaires.  Their house was huge.  I'm not even gonna go into detail about it.  The only way I could descibe it is like a picture in a magazine.

Brody and I were staying in rooms across from eachother.  They looked exactly the same, except the views from the windows were different.  One overlooked the lake and the other faced the woods.  They both were black and white. White walls with black trimming, balck dressers and doors, and the sheets and blankets were white with a black flower pattern running on the bottom of the comforter.  It was tasteful and elegant.   Brody insisted on me staying in the room overlooking the lake.  The view was amazing.

Right when I was about to lay down, I remembered I didn't have any other clothes.  I only had my school unform.  Oh well.  I guess I'll just have to sleep in this. I laid down on the sodt queen size bed and started drifting off to sleep, but someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I mumbled loud enough for them to hear. The door opened and heavy footsteps made their way towards me. A large hand shook me.

"Autumn, are you really going to sleep in your school uniform?" Brody asked, chuckling.

"I don't have any other clothes."  I said sleepily, nuxxling my head into the pillow.

"I packed you some clothes before I got you from school. There's some pajamas in this bag."

"I'm too tired, Brody."

He sighed. I heard him unzip the bag and pull something out, and toss it on the bed.  He sat me upright, but I still had my eyes closed. "Lift up your arms." He instructed.

"Why?" I whined, but did what he told me.

He lifted my shirt up over my head. "BRODY!" I yelled grabbing my shirt from him and covering myself up.

"What?" He said innocently. "I wasn't gonna let you sleep in that"

I glared at him.  "Out" I commanded.

"Awwww. Can't I stay?"

"No." I said authoritively.

"But I don't want to sleep by myself. It's scary here. Especially when I  have the room facing the dark woods....who knows who, or what, could be ou there." He said like a little boy.

"Do you want to switch rooms?" I suggested.

His eyes widend. "NO! What if the lake monster comes in the window?!" He joked.

I rolled my eyes. "You can sleep here AFTER I get changed. Now out.  I'll tell you when you can come in."

He pouted, but went out into the hallway.  I changed into my pajamas...Brody packed the ones with teddy bears on them. Really? He had to choose that one? ughhh, but they were soft and warm.

I went and opened the door. Brody was sitting against the wall facing the door.  "You can come in"  I said and walked back over to the bed and got under the covers.  Brody closed the door and laid next to me.  I turned over on my side, facing away from him because I was more comfortable that way.  I felt him turn on his side too and come closer to me until I could feel his breath on the back of my neck.  He slung his arm around my waist and pulled my close to him.

"I love you Autumn." HHe whispered in my ear.

"I love you" I said and drifted off to sleep.