chpater 25

"So how long are you staying for Brody?" John asked

"Please tell me you're staying for out Thanksgiving party. Brody, remember how much you loved our parties when you were younger?" Lily said, probably having a flashback.

Brody smiled. "I remember. But we were actually going to go back to New York tonight. We came here to ask you if we can use the jet...if you still have it that is. "

"On Thanksgiving?! Sweety, we always give the pilot Thanksgiving off. Don't you remember?" Lily stated.

Me, Brody and Zac gave them a confused look. "It's Thanksgiving today?" I asked, stunned.

"Yeah, you guys didn't know?"

We all shook our heads. "I guess we lost track of the days." Brody said.

"After all, Snake didn't really tell us anything." Zac added.

"Snake? shat does he have to do with this?" Lily asked.

"Zac, I thought you would've told her." Brody said to Zac.

"She's your Mom."

"Lily, the kids got involved with the gang again, but not on purpose. Snake kidnapped Autumn so the only way Brody and Zac could make sure she stayed safe was to pretend to join the gang again. Isn't that right Brody?" John explained.

"Exactly." Brody agreed.

"But what I don't understand is how you got away from him." John stated.

Brody glanced at Zac. "Uhhh....He's dead, Uncle John." Zac stated

"Dead?"

"Yeah. Dead." Zac said giving him a knowing look.

"Oh. How?"

"Shot with his own gun."

"Fingerprints?" John said implying that Zac could've left his fingerprints on the gun.

"Gloves."

"Good. This doesn't leave the room. Got it?"

We all nodded our heads.

"I'm just glad that he's out of your lives for good." Lily said in relief. "And now, maybe you can come back to live in California?" She asked hopefully.

"I don't know Mom. I have a job now and Autumn has school..." Brody trailed off.

"Speaking of your job, aren't they worried that you haven't shown up in a while?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Right before I went back to Snake, I called in for some vacation time, which ends December 1st. So we have to get back before then, but I don't see why we can't stay in California until then. I can show you all the places I used to love."

I smiled at him. "I'd love that."

"And you can meet the rest of the family tonight Autumn." Lily added. "You already met Lucy and her husband right? Well, now you can meet Brody's brother and his wife, and the grandparents,and cousins and aunts and uncles." She said excitedly.

"I can't wait." I replied.