Chapter 11 - Barely A Dance

Status:

Mood: Ecstatic, but a little nervous at the same time.

Looks: Like the cutest pirate in the Caribbean.

Plans: Rock out, talk to Dean, prepare to run.

Destination: The gym.

I always did the whole "status" thing before doing something I've never done before. I was pumped, but also freaking out. Chill, Jane. You can do this.

I sucked in a deep breath before pushing the doors to the gymnasium wide open. Lights flashed and music blared, sending shadows dancing across the walls. I had never been to a school dance before, but this rocked.

I was suddenly surrounded by my friends, who were giggling like idiots. Well, Bianca and Paris were. Chad was just smiling at the girls' enthusiasm. I noticed he wasn't wearing a costume and I raised an eyebrow.

"Where's you're costume, Chaddy?" I asked with a smile.

"I'm wearing my costume. I'm a cooler version of Edward Cullen. Duh."

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Paris who was trying to tell me something.

"OHMYGOSHHAPPYBIRTHDAYICAN'TBELIEVEYOURBIRTHDAYISONHALLOWEEN!!!!" she cried.

"What?"

"Oh my gosh happy birthday. I can't believe your birthday is on Halloween." Bianca translated.

I nodded in understanding and thanked her.

"OHMYGODILOVETHISSONG!!!" Paris cried as she started randomly dancing to the Black Eyed Peas.

"Ya, sorry about her. She tends to get a little excited at school dances. Or 'parties' as she likes to call them." Bianca explained.

"How many dances have you been to? All we have is one at Halloween, and then Prom." Paris asked.

"Well, actually, I've never been to a school dance before."

Paris stopped dancing and everyone's jaw dropped. Before they could say anything, I noticed something missing.

"Where's Dean?" I asked.

"Who cares? You've never been to a school dance?!" Bianca cried.

"Well, no. I've gotta find my brother, I'll be right back." I told them. I left before they could stop me.

As I passed by the refreshment table, I grabbed a glass of punch and continued walking. I took a sip and looked around, momentarily not watching where I was going. Of course, that's when I slam into someone.

Being the tiny, non-muscular girl I am, I tumbled to the ground while the guy merely stumbled. I growled at him when I noticed half my drink had spilled onto my bare legs. I proceeded to pour the rest on his expensive looking dress shoes before standing up.

"Hey! What the hell?" he cried.

"Oh, of course it's you." I said rudely as I tossed the now empty cup to the side.

"Robertson." he spat.

"Mandler."

"Are you usually such a klutz, or is it just with me?"

"Shut up. Have you seen my brother?"

Aaron's eyes suddenly widened, "Jane, you don't want to do that."

"Do what?"

"I know you know about your brother. I can sense the fear. You do not want to talk to him about that."

"What are you talking about? How could you possibly know that?"

"I know everything that goes on in this school. Now, trust me, you do NOT want to talk to him about it."

"Trust you? Why should I trust you?! I put my trust into a couple of you-know-what's before you!"

"Why, though. Tell me. Why?"

I brought my voice down low, "Because you actually think that just because I know my brother is a vampire, that I'll give up on him. Dean would never hurt me. Neither would Bianca, or Paris, or even Chad. But YOU did. And I don't forgive people easily."

I brushed past him to go back and get more punch.

"Jane, wait!"

I kept walking. People started to turn their heads towards us, but I paid them no attention.

"Can't we at least talk about this?!" Aaron asked from way behind me.

"There's nothing to talk about, Aaron."

"Please! Just hear me out!"

I turned around to face him, my eyes glaring, "I don't want to hear it! Just leave me alone, you GEEK!" I screamed the last word and left him standing there.

I felt a tear drip down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. Bianca, Chad, and Paris looked at me strangely and I just shook my head.

 I felt Paris's presence as I continued up to my room. I ignored her and slammed the door shut, hoping she had gotten the message.

"What's wrong?" Paris's voice asked from right beside me. I jumped and turned in her direction. I guess she ended up making it inside...

"Nothing." I snapped. I instantly felt bad and just shook my head, "I-I just feel like the big bad wolf, you know? People I know and like get an ear full when I get mad, and people I trust don't trust me back." I said with a sad shrug.

"Ya, I know how you feel." Paris said sadly.

"Everything I do is always-"

"Wrong." Paris and I said in unison. She gave me one last sad smile before leaving.

I sighed and flopped onto the bed. Well, my plans for tonight didn't really go according to plan.

I heard footsteps outside of my door and heard someone slip a piece of paper though the bottom. I waited for the footsteps to fade away before getting up curiously and grabbing the note off the floor.

Meet me at the school gate tomorrow morning, around 11. We need to talk.

-Aaron

P.S. Bring your roommate with you.