Chapter 28 - Sending A Message

"Where are you going in such a hurry, gorgeous?"

I opened and closed my mouth speechlessly, much like a fish. What did he want? Was he going to hurt me?

I felt Aaron standing stiffly behind me, and feeling his presence calmed me down a bit.

"I forgot something in my last class. I have to go get it. Although, I wasn't aware it was your business." I replied, sounding more confident than I felt.

The guy chuckled darkly, "I don't think it's important."

"Oh, but it is. You see, it's this extremely pointy object that I got specially made to kill the freaks of SCA. All 12 of you." I choked out as I gasped for breath.

The man glared at me before baring his fangs and snapping-much like a viper-at my shoulder. I swatted him away with a right hook to the chin, which obviously surprised him. He jumped back and flexed his jaw before taking one hand away from my throat and gently caressing my cheek. His glared darkened and I felt a claw scrape the line of my cheek bone.

"How do you know about that?" he asked suspiciously.

"I know about a lot of things." I whispered. In one quick movement, I snapped the silver key necklace off my neck and stabbed him in the chest. The man's grip on my throat loosened as he clawed at the silver wound. The blood pouring out was a dark purple, which I hadn't noticed until it dripped onto my jeans.

"How d-do you k-know?" the man gasped.

"I know everything that goes on in this school. Deal with it, bitch."

"Do you have the matches?" Aaron asked.

I shook my head, "No. We should let this one free. Send a message to dearest Chad."

***

As I crept through the bushes, my mind was completely elsewhere. I wasn't thinking about The vampire who attacked me. I wasn't thinking about Chad. Nor was I thinking about how stupid it was to come alone. I wasn't even thinking about the English test that I actually aced. My thoughts were on my brother.

He told me that as soon as he left the student lounge, he actually told Bianca how he felt about her.

Thank God Jane, the love doctor, didn't have to meddle. Because everyone knows, that gets worse before it gets better.

"Where is he? Felix was supposed to be here over an hour ago!" I heard Chad cry. I looked up and saw them only a few meters away from me, all in a big group, with Chad at the front. It looked just as it had when Aaron and I had listened in on their first meeting all those months ago.

I heard a cough and sputter coming from behind me and looked back towards the vampire that I had stabbed. He held his chest as he limped along towards the group. His eyes showed both fear and rage at the same time.

"What's happened to you?" Chad asked without making a move to help him.

"The girl. She-she's returned. She did this to me."

"How did she know what you are? How did she know to attack you?"

I smiled and took out my cell phone before dialing Chad's number. I watched him pick up his phone and answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Chad," I whispered into the phone, "Celeste is sleeping, that's why I'm whispering."

"I was wondering. What's up, Jane? I didn't know you were back."

"Ya.Well, everyone is sleeping, and I just had to tell someone about the crazy thing that happened to me today."

The Girl Who Cried Vampireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें